T.G.I..F. Dinner, 6/29??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

Just got home and leafed thru the new C@H, some good sounding ideas in it! After cleaning out the trailer, maybe I'll get insprired.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I..F. Dinner, 6/29?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I will finally get my Chicken Linguine with Spinach, Goat Cheese, and Candied Cherry Tomatoes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I..F. Dinner, 6/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (I will finally get m...)
Something good...or something scary. It was in the freezer...wrapped in white paper in a ziploc baggie and no clue what it is till it thaws. I am really hopeful it isn't something I meant to throw away like scraps.

I have to freeze meat scraps till trash pick up because with the heat here if we toss something on Sunday and wait till Thursday for pick up it starts to rot and really stinks up the side of the house.

So this is for sure mystery meat
  Re: Re: T.G.I..F. Dinner, 6/29?? by DFen911 (Something good...or ...)
Oh, I remember those California garbage days, Denise!!!!!

We came home to an overload of artichokes...can a body get tired of them??????????????????
[Image: JuneArtichokes2012.jpg]

This is one of 4 plants we have, so we'll give a go. And found some (MY pkgs. were marked...) country ribs in freezer so that's dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I..F. Dinner, 6/29?? by cjs (Oh, I remember those...)
Wow those look wonderful!!! Makes me hungry for em
  Re: Re: T.G.I..F. Dinner, 6/29?? by DFen911 (Wow those look wonde...)
Gorgeous, Jean!

I do the same thing, Denise! Especially poultry and seafood! Luckily, our can is a ways away from the house. We just got a new can. Hope to keep this one in better shape.

Good luck with the mystery meat...LOL! You may be having take out!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I..F. Dinner, 6/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (Gorgeous, Jean![br][...)
Those are beautiful plants, Jean! I know you will enjoy them!

We're having grilled salmon, grilled corn, Asian coleslaw, and watermelon tonight. Another scorcher today!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I..F. Dinner, 6/29?? by Mare749 (Those are beautiful ...)
Denise, please let us know what your mystery meat is/was. That is too funny.

Steak night tonight, Tarragon beef tournedo salad.
  Re: Re: T.G.I..F. Dinner, 6/29?? by losblanos1 (Denise, please let u...)
OMG, Jean, I am so jealous! Your plants are gorgeous!! I loved fresh artichokes when we lived out west. What is available in Atlanta just can't compare.

We've been dealing with the contractor who just won't finish....GRRRRR! I spent the day at the lake to move things along. I think I succeeded in irritating him enough that he may be inspired to do his idea of finishing out on Monday. (One of my unreasonable requests was that they put in baseboard behind where the refrigerator will be. Since we won't be buying a refrigerator until we find one that meets the space/budget continuum, which he knew, I don't thing that's unreasonable!) After that we have house guests through the weekend, so he'll be locked out until the 9th. I'll deal with the punch list after that.

Needless to say. I didn't cook. We went out to a local restaurant for Mexican. The Mojito did me good.
  Re: Re: T.G.I..F. Dinner, 6/29?? by karyn (OMG, Jean, I am so j...)
Mystery meat was a bust! Lol turns out it was fish bones I may have been saving for a stock. We're off to get mexian food