Door Knock Dinners - Remember this show?
  Re: (...)
I loved this show. I wish it was still on. I always wanted them to stop by my house. My hubby didn't like the host, but loved the idea of the show.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Door Knock Dinners - Remember this show? by luvnit (I loved this show. I...)
No, I don't remember this show. Was it possibly on in the 10 year span where the only channels my TV received were Sesame St or Nickelodeon

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Door Knock Dinners - Remember this show? by pjcooks (No, I don't remembe...)
Don't know that one, but looked it up. Sounds fun. There's a British show that's fun (though certainly not the same thing) called Come Dine with Me, where four or five home cooks take turns having the whole group over for a dinner party. After each dinner, the guests give their out-of-ten scores for the hosts and, once they've each had a turn, the one with the highest score wins £1,000 in cash. Apparently, despite its success in the U.K., the U.S. version (Dinner Takes All) didn't do very well.

Even more fun is the Australian show, My Kitchen Rules, in which five pairs compete - first, by hosting "instant restaurants" in their homes, but also, eventually, go through challenges similar to some on Masterchef.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Door Knock Dinners - Remember this show? by labradors (Don't know that one,...)
Door Knock Dinner was where the chefs showed up at your house and cooked an amazing dinner with what YOU had in your fridge and pantry. Some of the things they cooked were just amazing. Sometimes I feel like a Door Knock chef in my own home.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Door Knock Dinners - Remember this show? by luvnit (Door Knock Dinner wa...)
I remember that show! It was a blast!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Door Knock Dinners - Remember this show? by Mare749 (I remember that show...)
Wasn't Chef Cat Cora part of that show, Laura? I remember watching it a couple of times.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Door Knock Dinners - Remember this show? by cjs (Wasn't Chef Cat Cora...)
I remember Paula Deen doing it as well for one show, back before she became really big.

It would be scary what's in my fridge! But they could use the garden
  Re: Re: Door Knock Dinners - Remember this show? by luvnit (Door Knock Dinner wa...)
Gordon Elliot was the host. It was a fun show.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Door Knock Dinners - Remember this show? by Harborwitch (Gordon Elliot was th...)
I'm only familiar with it due to the connection to Paula Deen. Sounds like a fun show.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Door Knock Dinners - Remember this show? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm only familiar wi...)
I thought it was a good show.