4th of July Celebration Plans?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone doing for the 4th??

I'm not sure the exact day Laura will be here - for the 4th or the next couple days, so will wait for any definite plans. Besides after reading everyone else's ideas, I'd probably change my mind 10 times. I do know seafood will be involved!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 4th of July Celebration Plans? by cjs (What's everyone doin...)
The neighbors usually do grilled burgers and dogs, so I will either take a side over, or we may just do our own thing here. We do enjoy their fireworks each year, though!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 4th of July Celebration Plans? by Gourmet_Mom (The neighbors usuall...)
No plans yet. Might just hang out at home unless the girls plan a cook-out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: 4th of July Celebration Plans? by Mare749 (No plans yet. Might ...)
We will have just gotten back from 4 days of camping with my sister so probably won't get together with them and they are just about the only people we do anything with anymore. Our town does fireworks on the 3rd so we'll walk across the street to the park with a couple of chairs and enjoy the show.

I'm sure we will grill something though.
  Re: Re: 4th of July Celebration Plans? by Trixxee (We will have just go...)
No plans for the 4th, James is working But we are invited to fireworks on the lake, July 7, by the guy who fixed our boat.
We are looking forward to that and I'd love some ideas for a picnic to bring out with us....anyone?
  Re: Re: 4th of July Celebration Plans? by farnfam (No plans for the 4th...)
I thought we'd have a really quiet 4th because so many people have to work on the 5th. I've been surprised...apparently our carnivore-fest (as many smoked baby backs as we can cram into two Weber Smokey Mountains) had become a must do for YS's friends, who are taking Thursday off so that they can do ribs and fireworks at the lake.

Currently the menu is:

Ribs (of course!)
Orzo Salad with feta, pine nuts, radicchio, and a bunch of other stuff
Smoked Mac & Cheese
Potato Salad
Chopped Green Salad
Mini Cheesecakes (strawberry and Reese's cup)

....after that, it depends on how inspired I get....all of the friends have been told to bring a bottle of liquor to stock the bar in our newly finished basement. I think carpet is going in tomorrow, so the end is in sight!!!
  Re: Re: 4th of July Celebration Plans? by karyn (I thought we'd have ...)
Well it sucks that this holiday is on a Wednesday, which means I'll probably end up working and maybe taking the following Monday off instead. Nothing really happens here for 4th anymore. Fireworks are banned, city can't afford to put on shows...so sad.
  Re: Re: 4th of July Celebration Plans? by DFen911 (Well it sucks that t...)
That's downright depressing, Denise!

Karyn, your menu sounds great! And what a neat way to stock the new bar!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 4th of July Celebration Plans? by farnfam (No plans for the 4th...)
Quote:

No plans for the 4th, James is working But we are invited to fireworks on the lake, July 7, by the guy who fixed our boat.
We are looking forward to that and I'd love some ideas for a picnic to bring out with us....anyone?

Cis, I posted a grilled veggie sandwich last year that I made with Katie and Abby that was a huge hit with the family. I made it on a loaf of Italian bread, but took out some of the inside. It had all kinds of grilled vegs and two kinds of cheese, and maybe hummus. If anyone wants the recipe, I'll look it up.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: 4th of July Celebration Plans? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
If you see last year's thread Maryann, maybe we ought to bring it up???? Maybe some ideas from all of us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com