What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/18??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're leaving one beautiful spot for another - we're on our way to Warden, where Bob & Sharon are. So, don't know what we'll be doing for dinner, but I'm sure it will be fun, whatever we do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/18?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well my plan today is to declutter my kitchen area and I wanted to make a nice dinner tonight. We were on the go all weekend and I don't feel like we had any real 'family time'.

So my plan is to declutter and still have an awesome dinner prepared. Let's see how that works.

I am making Ribeye and Walleye, Charlie's Exceptionale Cafe Potato Salad, mixed veggies, and Homemade Soft Garlic Breadsticks,and a rustic stawberry torte. I must be crazy to think I can get all this done, but one can always hope.

I will share the Charlie's Exceptionale Cafe Potato Salad recipe once I make it and give my stamp of approval. I have heard raves about it. The Soft Garlic Breadsticks is from a FB friend who has made them for years and recently made them a few hundred of them for a benefit and she got rave reviews. Again, I will share if I think they are any good.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/18?? by luvnit (Well my plan today i...)
Everyone to Laura's house!!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/18?? by cjs (Everyone to Laura's ...)
Wouldn't that be fun! I would love it
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/18?? by luvnit (Wouldn't that be fun...)
Leaning towards chicken gyros. Just need to get some fresh flatbread.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/18?? by Trixxee (Leaning towards chic...)
Laura, it sounds great! We have leftover brisket, so that and mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, or I'll take it off the cob and make maque choux.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/18?? by Lorraine (Laura, it sounds gre...)
Jean I have a whole mess of pulled pork - Bob dug a bottle of wonderful Zin! Can't wait to see you!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/18?? by Harborwitch (Jean I have a whole ...)
Trixiee you could make some it's easy enough if you want the recipe let me know.
I'll be food gawking I just don't know what I feel like making. I do have some mushrooms I should use. Hmmmm
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/18?? by farnfam (Trixiee you could ma...)
Shredded Beef tacos Laura can't wait to hear the reviews of the potato salad.

Jean, Sharon...have fun!

Cis - mushroom souffle'
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/18?? by DFen911 (Shredded Beef tacos ...)
I'm anxious to hear how it turns out, too!

Cheers to Jean, Sharon, Roy, and Bob! Have a great time together!

I decided to do the Coke Brined Chicken again. I wanted something easy after a long day on the road. Early corn is showing up in the store, so grilled fresh corn to go with!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.