What's fpr Dinner, Sat., 6/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I cooked a Cuban (style) flank steak in the crockpot yesterday so we'll have that and rice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's fpr Dinner, Sat., 6/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
We're doing a cookout this afternoon, so it will be leftovers. Either Pulled Pork, hotdogs, brisket, hamburgers, beans, slaw, tater salad. Although, he will probably be tired of even looking at the stuff, and he's on grill, outside, under the sun!!I;m on replenishing duty, so I get to stay in the sun.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Potato-crust quiche with thick baked bacon.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's fpr Dinner, Sat., 6/16?? by BarbaraS (Potato-crust quiche ...)
Since we got in late yesterday, my usual steak night will be tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's fpr Dinner, Sat., 6/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Since we got in late...)
Now that I am not spouseless, I have no clue! First order of the day is getting new tires on the RV then we can figure out dinner. Whatever it is it should probably be cheap because the tires cost $2000.
  Re: Re: What's fpr Dinner, Sat., 6/16?? by Trixxee (Now that I am not sp...)
Yikes! That's a bit of an expense, Trixxee. Do you have a vacation planned yet? I really envy those of you with RV's. I'm really missing our travel trailer these days. We took some great trips.

Dinner today...don't really know yet. We're mostly working in the yard today, so probably something grilled and a salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's fpr Dinner, Sat., 6/16?? by Mare749 (Yikes! That's a bit ...)
Maryann, we have three local trips planned this summer. Here's where we will be at the end of the month. (Look at the pictures in the middle - there are 11 of them). It's only about a half an hour from the house. My sister is coming too - they will have their own site with tents. This campground just opened last July. For decades there were mobile homes there and then the state wanted their property back. Huge legal battle went on forever. The view of the ocean is spectacular.

http://www.crystalcovestatepark.com/camping.htm
  Re: Re: What's fpr Dinner, Sat., 6/16?? by Trixxee (Maryann, we have thr...)
Oh, now I'm really jealous! Looks like a beautiful park! Many years ago, we used to camp like that down in Myrtle Beach, (not too far from Daphne) but it's all condos now.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's fpr Dinner, Sat., 6/16?? by Mare749 (Oh, now I'm really j...)
Oh my, going to have to save that link.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Beautiful campground! Hmmmm. Wonder if they have work campers/hosts? Something to check on.

Tonight is the cola brined piggy, smoked mac & cheese (with beer in the sauce), some squash baked with panko, and just for fun a batch of mango/cherry/habanero salsa.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!