Summer Canning
  Re: (...)
I picked up a BHG special publication on Canning yesterday. There as some fun things in it that I might try.
Tomato Basil Jam, Lemon-Honey Jelly, White Chocolate-Raspberry spread (Nicky wants this one), Blackberry-Lime Freezer Jam, Very Berry-Rhubarb Jam, Lemon Thyme or Pineapple Sage Herb Jelly.

It also had a lot of relishes, sauces, pickles and other seasonal jams.

Anyone doing any canning this summer? We usually do the bulk of our jam making in the fall. I freeze all our berries as soon as they are picked. But I might try a small batch of some different things here and there.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Summer Canning by esgunn (I picked up a BHG sp...)
I miss being able to do a lot of canning, but I might have to get a copy of that, some of those things sound really good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Summer Canning by Harborwitch (I miss being able to...)
I'm going to check that out! Thanks for the tip!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Summer Canning by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to check t...)
I probably won't this year. I seem to be able to last two years with canning. But, I do have some wonderful jams left from a friend in Federal Way that is exceptionally good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Summer Canning by cjs (I probably won't thi...)
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Summer Canning by esgunn ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
I can all summer long. The Pineapple Sage one sounds great. All my sage and mint plants have taken off like crazy. Need to figure out what to do with them. I also want to concentrate on more wine jellies, which can be done any time of the year..
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.