What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/14??
  Re: (...)
So, what's on the menu for today for everyone?

I'm not sure what we'll have yet, maybe a chef salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/14?? by cjs (So, what's on the me...)
I'm not sure. Maybe some of you will inspire me?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure. Maybe...)
Still spouseless - it's a good time for me to watch what I'm eating. I'll do a repeat of last night - a chicken breast, medium red baked potato (really into red baked instead of russet lately), sliced tomatoes and and some sliced avocado.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/14?? by Trixxee (Still spouseless - i...)
I've decided on leftover pizza. I let William talk me into making two. That won't happen again.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've decided on left...)
Food gawking produced this recipe, I just so happened to have all the ingredients
http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2...ple-salsa/
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/14?? by farnfam (Food gawking produce...)
Damnit, Cis, I'm trying so hard to be good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/14?? by cjs (Damnit, Cis, I'm try...)
Meatloaf muffins with tomato gravy; Sides of buttermilk mashed potatoes and asparagus.
Dessert: Pear-blackberry buckle with a whip cream topping.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/14?? by losblanos1 (Meatloaf muffins wit...)
Grilled portobello burgers with spinach and blue cheese, and some grilled corn on the cob with the coconut butter.

I'm going to try to muster the energy to make strawberry rhubarb scones.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/14?? by losblanos1 (Meatloaf muffins wit...)
Just a Ham steak with potatoes and salads.

Got the House Plants outside today. And I say "Plants" in a HUGE way. The avocados I started 24 years ago are woody and between 7-8' tall. The Palms I started from seeds are now 7' tall. I'm never going to get bananas from my plant, but it's green and perky.

All the seeds came from the Dominican Republic. I can't believe I grew nine palms from seeds. I gave away 7 to "friends" who wanted them and then killed them, but managed to keep two. And the avocados just keep growing - especially in the summer. Never going to get the football-sized avocados I had down there though.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/14?? by BarbaraS (Just a Ham steak wit...)
Barbara, I'm surprised you can keep avocados alive in PA! That is so cool!!

I tried to clean out the refrigerator and wound up making chicken enchiladas verdes. They were okay, but would have been better with fresh tomatillos and more garlic...