What's for Sat. Dinner, 6/9??
  Re: (...)
What's of the menu for everyone?

We're having Vege Quesadillas and a Subway sandwich.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 6/9?? by cjs (What's of the menu f...)
Noble Pig's Tangy-Sweet Plum-Spiced Chicken!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 6/9?? by BarbaraS (Noble Pig's Tangy-Sw...)
I'm planning to make the Slow Cooker Honey Soy Pulled Pork Sandwiches for the reunion tomorrow, so samples will probably be dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 6/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm planning to make...)
I can't wait to hear how you like it Daphne! We are FINALLY having the japanese pork cutlets, as I cry into my wine about "I'll Have Another". You have to look at the bright side - what happened to Barbaro 5 years ago won't happen to him. That was tragic and heartbreaking.
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 6/9?? by Trixxee (I can't wait to hear...)
I can't imagine how hard it would have been had they not caught his injury yesterday, Trixxee.

Plans change - no quesadilla, no subway sandwich. We're grilling burgers on those nice little wheat thins and having soup from the freezer for later. (P.S. no cheese, no bacon on 'em - drat!!!!!! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 6/9?? by cjs (I can't imagine how ...)
Absolutely Jean!

Things keep changing but I think they are planning on having him walk out to the winner's circle with his trainer and owner before the big race, remove his saddle for the last time and say farewell to all the fans who came out and traveled to possibly see history being made.

I'll probably need a tissue if NBC shows it- I hope they do. I haven't been this attached to a horse since Zenyatta.
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 6/9?? by Trixxee (Absolutely Jean![br]...)
I had not even heard! How heartbreaking! Brings tears to my eyes. At least they caught it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 6/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (I had not even heard...)
Huli Huli BBQ Chicken with sides of Hawaiian salad and Coconut-lime rice. It's a recipe that we've not made before. Issue #70 (August 2008)
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 6/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (I had not even heard...)
I heard he will lead the other horses out for their 'walk on' - hope so, what a tribute.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 6/9?? by cjs (I heard he will lead...)
How sad, we watched it on tv yesterday, and we never that watch stuff, but we were just drawn to it. Fish Tacos here, and some corn on the cob!.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.