What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Today's treat here is couscous salad and a chili baked tato.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Quote:

Today's treat here is couscous salad and a chili baked tato.

Hmmm... How about chili-topped couscous?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Japanese Pork Cutlets (or Tonkatsu). Steamed rice and sauteed bok choy. Thanks for mentioning it the other day Blane. What would we do without you?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? by Trixxee (Japanese Pork Cutlet...)
Quote:

Japanese Pork Cutlets (or Tonkatsu).

What recipe do you use for your tonkatsu sauce? Is it a good one with apples, etc., or one of the short-cut, Worcestershire-and-ketchup mixtures? I'd love to know a tested recipe for the kind with the apples.

Have you seen THIS article about tonkatsu that also compares and contrasts ten different sauces (nine bottled and one Worcestershire/ketchup mixture, as well)? Lots of great info!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks for that Labs!

I am going to make C@H's recipe for the pork and the broth. I will buy some Tonkatsu sauce for my husband (I think Kikkoman will be about my only choice at the regular grocery store.)

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...Main=58966

And I just opened the weekly store flyers and what do you know - asparagus for $1.99 a pound so I'm skipping the bok choy.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? by Trixxee (Thanks for that Labs...)
chili topped couscous would be good also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? by Trixxee (Thanks for that Labs...)
Quote:

And I just opened the weekly store flyers and what do you know - asparagus for $1.99 a pound so I'm skipping the bok choy.

<Sigh!> It's a conspiracy!
Mystery meat! It's frozen, in the white wrapper and I guess I peeled the label off...so I'll let you know
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? by DFen911 (Mystery meat! [img]/...)
You have those in your freezer, too????????????????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? by DFen911 (Mystery meat! [img]/...)
Quote:

Mystery meat! It's frozen, in the white wrapper and I guess I peeled the label off...so I'll let you know

Reminds me of the time my grandfather took some "zucchini bread" out of the fridge and used it to make a peanut-butter sandwich. The only thing was: the "bread" was actually leftover meatloaf. ROTFL!