My food processor - RIP
  Re: (...)
While shredding some parm for my fettuccine alfredo for my DD Maggie's birthday, the lid and base of my Kitchenaid FP finally gave way and is totally busted.

Any suggestions for a new one?

My old one lasted 10 years...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: My food processor - RIP by luvnit (While shredding some...)
My family got me a Cuisinart this past year, and so far I love it.

Years ago, I broke the shredding disc on my old FP while grating cheese, and I think it might have been from pushing too hard on the cheese. Just a thought.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My food processor - RIP by Mare749 (My family got me a C...)
I'm such a Cuisinart fan - always get this brand, just different sizes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My food processor - RIP by cjs (I'm such a Cuisinart...)
Until a couple of years ago, I had only ever used relatively cheap food processors. Then, two or three years ago, some friends, here, gave me an old Cuisinart that they were no longer using.

It was old and didn't look like much, but man, does that thing work! With the quick and effortless job it did on raw potatoes, I think it may even be possible to use it as a wood chipper!

Other than that, I have no experiences with nor basis for comparison with any other of the big-name brands - not even KitchenAid (although I DO, finally, have a KA mixer, thanks to someone else's very generous gift).

The next thing I need to do is to get some replacement blades and "bowls" (or whatever you call that part) for the cuisinart so I can really get the full use out of it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: My food processor - RIP by labradors (Until a couple of ye...)
"The next thing I need to do is to get some replacement blades and "bowls" (or whatever you call that part) for the cuisinart so I can really get the full use out of it."

Labs, let me know the model you have - I have extra blades/attachments from buying different machines over the years. I'll send them to you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My food processor - RIP by cjs ("The next thing I ne...)
I'm with you all. Cuisinart PowerPrep Plus, best FP I have ever owned!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: My food processor - RIP by farnfam (I'm with you all. Cu...)

Yes, Cuisinart has been the best of all the food processors for me. \

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: My food processor - RIP by mjkcooking ([br]Yes, Cuisinart h...)
I got My cuisinart as a wedding gift. I don't use it a ton, but I love it! That and my kitchen aid and I feel like I can tackle anything. Another favorite but maybe not necessity is my vitamix. I do use it A Lot!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: My food processor - RIP by cjs ("The next thing I ne...)
Quote:

Labs, let me know the model you have - I have extra blades/attachments from buying different machines over the years. I'll send them to you.

Wow! That would be a big help! Thanks.

It's a DLC-10E.

From what I can tell on their site, the "DLC-10" has been the major part of the model number for years, but there have been differences among the DLC-10C, 10E and 10S. If it helps at all, this one has a seven-cup bowl that is a translucent grey (don't know if the amber ones are just a different colour or have physical differences that would make them incompatible).

Hope that helps. Thanks again!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: My food processor - RIP by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

It's a DLC-10E.

I'm pretty sure that's the one I got as a wedding gift almost 28 years ago...the motor casing has some hairline fractures from aging plastic, and I've had to replace the food bowl once, but the thing is a trooper and is still used regularly in my kitchen. I'm all for Cuisinart!