What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31??
  Re: (...)
WOW - May is almost gone. Where the heck did it go????? So, what's on the menu for today?

We're making a Costco run today and finishing up with leftovers. Tomorrow we're starting a healthy eating style for a while; I just feel sluggish. Tonight is the last night of leftovers - I froze some of the Seafood pasta and have 2 of the Game day sandwiches left. boy, does the fridge look bare!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? by cjs (WOW - May is almost ...)
New recipe (for me): Chicken Tinga from the Cuisine Lite book that has the maple brined chicken on the cover.

Will make tacos out of it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? by Trixxee (New recipe (for me):...)
Making Pad Thai tonight, with asparagus on the side. Using a recipe that Jean gave me. Can't wait!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? by cjs (WOW - May is almost ...)
I don't know - I got up a O-Dark-thirty to get to work at 7 only to find out that Chad had two of us scheduled. Bob, thinking I was working, made a golf date so when he gets done we're going shopping. Something on the grill - that will go with potato salad.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? by Harborwitch (I don't know - I got...)
Trixxee, that's a very tasty dish.

It's steak night again tonight. NY strip steak with brandy mushroom sauce and asparagus as a side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee, that's a ve...)
I wanted something that could sit on the grill while I sit on the deck with wine. Beer can chicken with my special rub seemed to fit the bill. Corn on the cob and fresh salad will be the sides.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? by Trixxee (New recipe (for me):...)
Trixxee, let us know how you like that dish. I have that book. Thanks, Blane for your comment as well.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? by Mare749 (Trixxee, let us know...)
We didn't get home until almost 7pm, and were too tired to do much. I made him bacon and eggs.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? by Lorraine (We didn't get home u...)
Loved the chicken tinga! (Picture up on FB)! The only thing I did differently was to use much less chipotles in adobo sauce. My husband's ulcer has been acting up so he was afraid for me to use the full amount. I cut in half, at least.

We have some nice leftovers for lunch today. Now that Tony is working out of the house I have to come up with lunches too.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? by Trixxee (Loved the chicken ti...)
That was a challenge for me also, Trixxee. But, one good thing that came out of it - we were able to start having main meal mid-day and a light something at dinnertime. We love it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com