So, what kind of grill do you have?
  Re: (...)
We have two, a gas grill (the name escapes me) and a small Weber charcoal grill. The gas grill needed a new burner (again!) and it took a while to find the right one, so we've been cooking on charcoal for the last two months.

We finally got a new burner for the gas grill, so we used it over the weekend. It was kind of a disappointment after cooking on charcoal and wood chips. There is definately a difference.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: So, what kind of grill do you have? by Mare749 (We have two, a gas g...)
I have a NexGrill (from Sears) a combination gas/charcoal that I like, but still don't love like my old one that this one replaced last summer....darn. My other one is a non-descript 4-burner that we picked up (can't remember why) but it doesn't have a lid to close when grilling, so only use it sporadically.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: So, what kind of grill do you have? by cjs (I have a NexGrill (f...)
We have a little MasterForge POC (piece of cr@p) grill that we hate, but it's small enough to pack up and travel with us. You can't do a beer can chicken on it, our chili grill won't fit on it, and the temperature control dial is just for show.

I have my eye on a beauty at Big R - but it's as long as our van and I don't know what I'd do with it if we had to move. It's propane and/or charcoal, has a smoker box, and a side burner. Sigh!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: So, what kind of grill do you have? by Harborwitch (We have a little Mas...)
We have a jenair gas grill. It is ok. Our gas Webber was the best grill we have owned. Steve rehabbed it many times and it always worked great until it practically fell apart. We replaced it with the jenair. It just doesn't.t get the Grill to it like it should. Charcol is sure good but we grill a lot and all year long, so we prefer the ease of gas.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: So, what kind of grill do you have? by esgunn (We have a jenair gas...)
"I have my eye on a beauty at Big R - but it's as long as our van and I don't know what I'd do with it if we had to move. It's propane and/or charcoal, has a smoker box, and a side burner. Sigh!"

Oh, how I would love to have one of those myself!
Maryann

Re: Re: So, what kind of grill do you have? by Mare749 ("I have my eye on a ...)
I've got a Ducane gas grill, plus a mini Weber charcoal grill. The Weber is my back-up (if I run out of propane).
  Re: Re: So, what kind of grill do you have? by Mare749 ("I have my eye on a ...)
Like many of you, I have owned LOTS of grills over the last 30 years. (Yikes). The 3 charcoal Webers were great but not practical for the 2 of us anymore. And the $400 gas with all the bells and whistles worked ok but not so much after the dip in the pool. So I replaced it with a little number that has made me happiest of all. It's a CharGriller. I bought it at Loews for $128, can work as a smoker, I guess, a 3 burner with a side burner, small and compact, well built, just love it. Heats hot and fast, and it's black-not the horrible stainless which needs more care than my crystal.

Hope this helps!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: So, what kind of grill do you have? by pjcooks (Like many of you, I ...)
PJ - we'll all never forget when your last grill ended up in the pool. What a tale that was!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: So, what kind of grill do you have? by cjs (PJ - we'll all never...)
I was thinking the same thing, Jean!

We have a Wilmington Grill. PJ's right that the stainless grills are hard to care for. Mine looks like crap, but it cooks good. I got the smoker tray for it a year or two ago that can also double for charcoal, too, I think....haven't tried it for that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: So, what kind of grill do you have? by Gourmet_Mom (I was thinking the s...)
Thanks everybody, for your input. I guess since most of you use gas grills, there is no use asking what type of wood and chips you all like to use...

PJ, we were just looking at that Char Griller recently! Good to know that you like it for just the two of you. I think we're going to do some more charcoal cooking for a while before we decide it we want another gas grill though.
Maryann