Heading out West! Would love to see my friends...
  Re: (...)
Plane tickets are booked, rental car booked. Hopefully my trip can include a couple of online friends...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Heading out West! Would love to see my friends... by luvnit (Plane tickets are bo...)
Well, that just sounds wonderful, Laura! Hope you have a great vacation and also get to visit with friends. One of these days, we really must plan a party in a centralized location that everyone could meet. Of course, there is always Linda's Retirement Village.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Heading out West! Would love to see my friends... by Mare749 (Well, that just soun...)
What part of the West?? Tomorrow Derek and I are heading to San Diego to meet Bill and Jane
  Re: Re: Heading out West! Would love to see my friends... by DFen911 (What part of the Wes...)
Very cool, Laura! Where you headed?

Denise, you are going to LOVE Bill and Jane! We did!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Heading out West! Would love to see my friends... by Gourmet_Mom (Very cool, Laura! W...)
Finally!!! So looking forward to seeing you. I'm assuming you're coming for a conference?? Or, is the family coming also? I'll call you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Heading out West! Would love to see my friends... by cjs (Finally!!! So lookin...)
Have a great trip, Laura! But, how come no one ever comes east???
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Heading out West! Would love to see my friends... by Lorraine (Have a great trip, L...)
Actually this trip is just for me and it is purely for pleasure. I will visit a good friend for a few days then I will drive up the coast to WA to go site seeing all by myself! I was going to stop a few diners, drive ins and dives. (I love doing that).

This trip is much needed and long overdue. Moms don't often have the luxury of getting away, alone. The chance came up and I seized the opportunity. Looking forward to it
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Heading out West! Would love to see my friends... by luvnit (Actually this trip i...)
We're hoping we can get together too Laura. I'm so glad it's a "just for you" trip! You certainly deserve it.

Oh Denise! How lucky to get to meet Bill and Jane!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Heading out West! Would love to see my friends... by Harborwitch (We're hoping we can ...)
"This trip is much needed and long overdue. Moms don't often have the luxury of getting away, alone. The chance came up and I seized the opportunity. Looking forward to it."

Good for you, Laura! I hope I get that opportunity when I retire!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Heading out West! Would love to see my friends... by Gourmet_Mom ("This trip is much n...)
OMG - a just me trip! You don't know how wonderful that sounds right now! And add in the opportunity to meet up with some of these wonderful people - bonus!

Enjoy yourself!