T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/25??
  Re: (...)
Sorry, got to drinking and forgot the daily menu.....

[Image: PeachBelliniMay25.jpg]

What's on everyone's menu for today?

And, then we had -
[Image: GameDaySandwichMay25.jpg]
Game Day Sandwiches

Yummy brunch! Thanks Lorraine!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/25?? by cjs (Sorry, got to drinki...)
Not sure if we will want much of a dinner as we are going out to a late lunch (Michael has a minimum day and Tony now works from home for a new company) but I am defrosting some chicken breasts for grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/25?? by Trixxee (Not sure if we will ...)
Jean, those game day sandwiches look delicious. Is there a recipe? <== Is this smiley face licking its lips or sticking its tongue out? I use it for lip licking, as in, anticipation of a delicious treat.
ETA: Change of menu- Spiced chicken breasts with pineapple and a side of asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/25?? by losblanos1 (Jean, those game day...)
Here it is - I'm including it in my Pantry book. These are fun for small parties.

Game Day Miniature Sandwiches

This sandwich recipe has been passed around to so many folks for a game day treat, that the origins have been lost, but I do have on my dog-eared copy that someone’s boyfriend’s mother made these. So, I surely thank the boyfriend’s mother!!

8 individual white dinner rolls, such as Kings Hawaiian
12 oz. sliced Swiss cheese
9 oz. thinly sliced honey ham
4 oz. (1 cube) butter melted
2 tablespoons prepared mustard, spicy brown or Dijon
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Slice the rolls in half using a serrated knife, and arrange bottom halves of rolls in a large casserole dish or pan. Arrange a layer of cheese on top, followed by a layer of ham. Cover with the tops of the rolls.

In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, mustard, poppy seeds, and Worcestershire sauce until well combined. Drizzle the sauce evenly over the tops of the sandwiches, cover the pan with aluminum foil and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.

Bake in a 350° oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are warmed through. Slice between the rolls, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/25?? by cjs (Here it is - I'm inc...)
Thank you Jean. I've got a pot luck at work in July, this will be perfect.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/25?? by cjs (Here it is - I'm inc...)
Needs bacon!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/25?? by BarbaraS (Needs bacon! [img]/...)
I do a similar recipe that we just love, Jean!

Steak night!

Long weekend!

NINE DAYS and counting!!!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (I do a similar recip...)
I am so making those sandwiches!!

Daphne... 9 days..??
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/25?? by DFen911 (I am so making those...)
bacon would be perfect!! There is so much to do with this thing!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/25?? by cjs (bacon would be perfe...)
Jean, my wife is really interested in those drinks. What are they?