Has anyone ever made jelly from corn cobs?
  Re: (...)
Saw this on Bizarre Foods last night. Andrew was in West Va. where people would make jelly using the corn cobs for stock when no fruit was available. After boiling the corn cobs, they would add sugar and pectin, then bottle it. Apparently, it's a bit like honey and good on biscuits.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Has anyone ever made jelly from corn cobs? by Mare749 (Saw this on Bizarre ...)
Wow, since I make corn cob stock every year, this could take that a step further!! What a cool idea and the flavor of the stock is so good to begin with. hmmmmmm, interesting. Thanks Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Has anyone ever made jelly from corn cobs? by cjs (Wow, since I make co...)
Interesting! It does sound like it would go well with biscuits.
  Re: Re: Has anyone ever made jelly from corn cobs? by Trixxee (Interesting! It doe...)
Seems like I've heard of it. Sounds interesting!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Has anyone ever made jelly from corn cobs? by Gourmet_Mom (Seems like I've hear...)
I haven't made it yet, but recently bought a cookbook that has a recipe for it. I'm waiting for the local corn to be ready.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Has anyone ever made jelly from corn cobs? by Lorraine (I haven't made it ye...)
We need the recipe, Lorraine!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Has anyone ever made jelly from corn cobs? by cjs (We need the recipe, ...)
As soon as I find the book ( I know it's in one of the many stacks of books in the living room ). I'll post it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.