Slow Cooker Menus Vol 1 - BBQ Baby Back Ribs
  Re: (...)
Has anyone made the pork baby back ribs on page 67? I'm wanting to make slow cooker ribs for the first time this Memorial Day and was hoping to get some feedback on this recipe!

Thanks!
  Re: Slow Cooker Menus Vol 1 - BBQ Baby Back Ribs by mcd1982 (Has anyone made the ...)
I made this last year and we loved the ribs. I didn't make a note on the pasta salad that shows with it, so must not have made it. Hope you like it also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Menus Vol 1 - BBQ Baby Back Ribs by cjs (I made this last yea...)
it's in the slow cooker now, i'll post a review when complete!
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Menus Vol 1 - BBQ Baby Back Ribs by mcd1982 (it's in the slow coo...)
good! and welcome back to the forum!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Menus Vol 1 - BBQ Baby Back Ribs by cjs (good! and welcome ba...)
the ribs were good...but not fantastic. i used store-bought Stubb's BBQ sauce, as I'm from Austin, TX originally but I actually didn't care for the sauce on the ribs, as it didn't really carmelize. Perhaps I could have broiled them longer.

Ribs were certainly tender but I should have cooked them less than 6 hours (it recommends 6-7) as they were definitely a bit overdone (but not by much).

I want to use a spicier chili powder next time and a sweeter BBQ sauce, I think. Definitely good and worth another go. Also, there was so much liquid at the bottom, I might try broiling the ribs for 15 min or so before going into the cooker, to help drain some of the fat, so they aren't swimming in a puddle of fat when I pull them out.
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Menus Vol 1 - BBQ Baby Back Ribs by mcd1982 (the ribs were good.....)
and by broiling them for 15 min, I really just meant cooking them at 400 for 15 min, or so. haha. too many beers with the ribs.

i saw that suggestion on another recipe and think it's worth a try!
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Menus Vol 1 - BBQ Baby Back Ribs by mcd1982 (and by broiling them...)
Thanks for the review Mcd! I love Mr. Stubbs but I mainly use it on chicken on the grill. They do have a spicier version which is pretty yummy. And I agree that putting them in a broiler or on a hot grill for a few minutes would give you that caramelization. Personally I'd put them on the grill after
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Menus Vol 1 - BBQ Baby Back Ribs by DFen911 (Thanks for the revie...)
I use the Stubbs rub on ribs. Their BBQ sauce is more tart than I like, but it's pretty good.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Menus Vol 1 - BBQ Baby Back Ribs by BarbaraS (I use the Stubbs rub...)
Thanks for the review!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.