T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

My Lord, what a week - we have been running, running up and down the coast chasing a used travel trailer with the floor plan I want. Finally found and bought it yesterday in Beaverton, OR. Love it!

So, today, we have to empty the old one and store everything in the gararge until Sunday and then we'll pick the 'new' one up - so probably something out of the freezer that I can just heat up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Oops - listed my dinner the wrong thread. We are having the coconut kebabs and pineapple rice. Looking forward to it. I haven't cooked a darn thing all week for the most part.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (Oops - listed my din...)
Way to go Jean, it must be a relief.

Normally, Friday is steak night here, but I moved it to last night so I could make the Memorial day review dinner tonight; Mexican club sandwich and the Banana Enchilada dessert.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by losblanos1 (Way to go Jean, it m...)
Still don't know. Ron was talking about going out which would be okay with me. I've been doing porch and patio cleanup today, so I would be happy to just get take-out and sit outside.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Mare749 (Still don't know. Ro...)
Cuban Sandwiches. Another crazy day.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Lorraine (Cuban Sandwiches. A...)
It's steak night here.

I just finished up half my grades online before they shut the system down. But finishing up won't take long. So other than makeup work next week, I'm done! Now to survive testing next week, remediation the next week and retesting the last week. WHEW!!!!! FOURTEEN DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (It's steak night her...)
Quote:

It's steak night here.

I just finished up half my grades online before they shut the system down. But finishing up won't take long. So other than makeup work next week, I'm done! Now to survive testing next week, remediation the next week and retesting the last week. WHEW!!!!! FOURTEEN DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!

I'm at 11 1/2 days left, but next week is when I do my end of year IEP meetings, so it'll be looong week. Finals are the week after Memorial Day. I'm loving being back at work, but so ready for some free time!!

I waned easy comfort food, so dinner tonight was a Food Network recipe for Cajun Mac and Cheese. It's been getting rave reviews in the blogosphere, but I thought it was very mediocre, and definitely not a keeper. I like my m&c really creamy, and this sauce just didn't do it, but the andouille sausage I picked up last time I stopped at the farmer's market was wonderful.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Good luck, Karyn! We've had so many IEP and SAT meetings this year, it's CRAZY! My digestive system....eating lunch in 10 minutes and no time to go to the bathroom...it should be wrecked! I got so desperate today, I took my class with me to the bathroom! And we still have 30 out of 100 failing! Do they care? NO!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Good luck, Karyn! W...)
Thanks Daphne! I know all about the bathroom situation...fortunately the teacher across the hall and I have been able to bail each other out. 30 failing??? Ouch!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by karyn (Thanks Daphne! I kno...)
You guys would love me in an IEP meeting. Everything is smooth, no problems. I've often wondered if I'm missing something because I've heard of IEPs lasting for hours, arguing, etc. I feel for you guys. Bet you can't wait for year end.