Wow - Mother's Day in 2 Days!!!
  Re: (...)
...and we haven'st even discussed what we are doing!!! So, who wants to start?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wow - Mother's Day in 2 Days!!! by cjs (...and we haven'st e...)
We are invited to a family Mother's Day Brunch

I am to bring the Family Bloody Mary Mix. and a Veg Tray.

Happy Mother' day to all.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Wow - Mother's Day in 2 Days!!! by mjkcooking (We are invited to a ...)
We still don't know. Everybody was together so much last weekend, I think maybe my family is partied out. The girls are going to their campground for the weekend, but I think they are coming home early on Sunday. We were going to have a cookout at our house and have my in-laws over, but our grill appears to be on it's way out. So, I'm just sitting back at the moment and waiting to see what the guys all decide on since they typically make the plans for Mother's Day anyway.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wow - Mother's Day in 2 Days!!! by Mare749 (We still don't know....)
As far as I know we are just hanging out at home. I'm sure Tony will cook or help cook anything I want. Maybe if I can find some king crab legs somewhere.....

My mom is coming by for lunch on Thursday and I can give her her present then. I bought her a beautiful Coach purse that is beige-y and it has a little lilac trim on it. It's gorgeous and will compliment many of her purple clothes she wears to her Red Hat functions. I think she will be very surprised and happy.
  Re: Re: Wow - Mother's Day in 2 Days!!! by Trixxee (As far as I know we ...)
Oh Trixxee, give your Mom a "Mom Hug" from all of us who don't have our mom's anymore, will you? You're so lucky.

Well, our plans have just changed. I just made up my menu for Sunday and our Wood-Fired Pizza Oven neighbor stopped and invited us over for the first pizza party of the year Sunday. that will be fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wow - Mother's Day in 2 Days!!! by cjs (Oh Trixxee, give you...)
I suppose we will go out somewhere Sunday before we head home. I'll let the kids decide. Hopefully, Mom will come back over to eat with us....especially after she treated us tonight!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wow - Mother's Day in 2 Days!!! by Gourmet_Mom (I suppose we will go...)
This is our biggest brunch of the year. I'm sure there will be leftovers, but we will probably be tired of looking at the food.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wow - Mother's Day in 2 Days!!! by Lorraine (This is our biggest ...)
We don't have anything planned for tomorrow...the boys are coming up and I'm craving Mexican so that may be what we do.

Today, however, we're headed to the Atlanta Food and Wine Festival Tasting Tables. I'm really excited, and planning on taking pictures!
  Re: Re: Wow - Mother's Day in 2 Days!!! by karyn (We don't have anythi...)
Yes, Pictures, Karyn!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wow - Mother's Day in 2 Days!!! by cjs (Oh Trixxee, give you...)
Quote:

Oh Trixxee, give your Mom a "Mom Hug" from all of us who don't have our mom's anymore, will you? You're so lucky.

Absolutely!

Pizza parties, wine tasting, etc., sounds like everyone is having fun this weekend!