What's for Monday's Dinner, 5/7??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for toady?

The weather is beautiful, so we're having grilled Hawaiian beef strips, sweet tato fries and cole slaw. Summer food!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 5/7?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I feel like keeping it simple and using one pot so I'm making the Sausage Minestra soup (has spinach and orzo in it). Instead of the croutons it calls for I'm just going to make garlic bread for dipping.
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 5/7?? by Trixxee (I feel like keeping ...)
Little bits of this and that leftover from my wilderness guests will be turned into one or maybe even two meals for James and I . Thinking I might use the leftover meatballs amd sausage and make subs tonite.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 5/7?? by farnfam (Little bits of this ...)
Turkey broth with homemade noodles and a couple of leftover smoked ribs. Will probably add mixed veggies so I don't over-eat the noodles.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 5/7?? by Mare749 (Turkey broth with ho...)
I'm certainly not loosing it!! Above is tomorrow's dinner and cis' post reminded me. We're having turkey meatball subs tonight!!

As I was making the meatballs this a.m., I happened to think maybe this is a tip I should share - in case there are other 'lazy' cooks out there. I pat my mixture into a b. sheet and score the size I want with a bench scrapper -
[Image: TurkeyMeatballsMay7.jpg]

When they are baked, it is so easy to separate them -
[Image: TurkeyMeatballs.jpg]

Anyway, that's the tip of the day from me.........

And, the subs were really good with a little marinara and Parm.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 5/7?? by cjs (I'm certainly not lo...)
That's a really great tip Jean.

Tonight, from the new Fresh & Fabulous cookbook; Curried Chicken Salad with mango and cashews in a pita pocket.
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 5/7?? by losblanos1 (That's a really grea...)
That is a great idea, Jean!

We're having broiled scallops tossed with Spanish chorizo and topped with panko. I'm serving the scallops with a chopped salad of avocado, mango, and strawberries.
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 5/7?? by karyn (That is a great idea...)
Great idea, Jean!

I'm making Chicken fried steak with gravy, mashers, and peas.

FOUR WEEKS LEFT!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner, 5/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (Great idea, Jean![br...)
Love this idea! Shall have to start doing this.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?