T,G,I,F, Dinner, 5/4??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

On our way home and there is a beer release party at our favorite winery tonight with sausages and goodies, so will probably drop in there.

Last night's dinner?? Oh my goodness, it was fabulous - I had a heavenly light breaded Rock fish with pepper polenta, picture didn't turn out too well, but my it was good.

[Image: GreenHouseJean.jpg]

Roy had the Scallops with fingerling potatoes and bacon jam
[Image: GreenHouse-Roy.jpg]

Just delicious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T,G,I,F, Dinner, 5/4?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm making up a party tray for tonight. My brother and sister-in-law will be flying in from Florida this afternoon. They are coming to my house around 5, so I wanted to have something easy that could be taken out of the refrigerator at any time. They are going to a "wine swirl" with Heather and Holly at 6, so I can take out the food again when they get back.

The tray will have four kinds of cold meats, 2 cheeses, 2 types of olives, tiny dill pickles, and Italian bread. Also have Asiago crostini and red pepper pesto, 2 different wines, one red, one white, and for dessert, pizzelles and sliced oranges.

For anyone who might be interested, the wines are: Colosi 2009 Sicilia indicazione geografica tipica Rosso Dry Red Wine and Peirano Estate Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc 2009 Lodi, The Heritage Collection. My brother sent up 3 bottles of each.
[Image: FoodPix017.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T,G,I,F, Dinner, 5/4?? by Mare749 (I'm making up a part...)
I hate typing on this da-- laptop!! I just lost everything TWICE!!!

Your charcuterie platter sounds great, Maryann - may I suggest one more fun thing to add? If you have access to honeycombs (they come in cute little round boxes like Camembert or Brie) to add to the platter?? So tasty!

I was wondering what wines he would be bringing for you all. Have to check them out. Have a great visit.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T,G,I,F, Dinner, 5/4?? by cjs (I hate typing on thi...)
Thanks Jean! That shipment of wine is just to get us started. I'm sure they will be buying more tonight.
Maryann

Re: Re: T,G,I,F, Dinner, 5/4?? by Mare749 (Thanks Jean! That sh...)
I'm taking a well deserved night off from cooking (I'll be busy studying The Racing Form for tomorrow's races).

So whatever Tony wants to pick up. Actually, a hot dog with sauerkraut, pickles and tomatoes from this great little hot dog stand around the corner sounds good.

Enjoy your company Maryann!
  Re: Re: T,G,I,F, Dinner, 5/4?? by Mare749 (I'm making up a part...)
We've had that Sauv.Blanc. Very nice. Your dinner sounds to die for.

We're having shrimp tonight - perhaps chili prawn, and sweet potato fries, and peas?? I don' know. We've also got a lot of pork - piggy going from ice back into the smoker - 9 hours and it wasn't quite done enough.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T,G,I,F, Dinner, 5/4?? by Harborwitch (We've had that Sauv....)
Jean, last night's dinner looks fantastic. Glad you're eating well... ...do I dare ask...did you find your trailer?
Maryann

Re: Re: T,G,I,F, Dinner, 5/4?? by Mare749 (Jean, last night's d...)
Jean, that looks delicious. Like Maryann said, you're eating well.

Steak night! Grilled Boneless rib-eye with BĂ©arnaise sauce and asparagus, baked potato for sides.
  Re: Re: T,G,I,F, Dinner, 5/4?? by losblanos1 (Jean, that looks del...)
Yes and no (to the trailer ) - we have decided what we want, so now we will contact the dealers we like to work with and see if they can preferably find a used model or if we have to, a new one.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T,G,I,F, Dinner, 5/4?? by cjs (Yes and no (to the t...)
Gah you guys are making me hungry!! Tonight's dinner...whatever we have to eat in the fridge seeing as we're leaving tomorrow morning early for a week. I'm taking my iPad and should be able to connect now and then to check in.

Can you believe it?! Less than 4 months to go! Woot woot!