What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30??
  Re: (...)
Last day of the month...already!! What's on the menu for everyone??

We're having Grilled Spice-Rubbed pork with Broccoli Rabe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? by cjs (Last day of the mont...)
We're having french dips, romaine salad for Tony and sliced tomatoes & avocado for me.

Jean - the mention of root beer floats got stuck in my head and I wound up having ice cream for lunch. Bad, I know.....but that Haagen Dazs strawberry is oh so good.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? by Trixxee (We're having french ...)
William had so much barbecue, and I got to thinking about corn on the cob. It made sense to just have BBQ sandwiches and corn tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (William had so much ...)
From the newest issue (#93), I'm making the Tandoori chicken thighs with the spinach/raisin rice and asparagus. I goofed up on the marinade, I used one tablespoon of tumeric, it was suppose to be one teaspoon. Will that alter the flavor too much?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? by losblanos1 (From the newest issu...)
I think it will be this or some version of it
http://dinnersforayear.blogspot.com/2009...omato.html
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? by losblanos1 (From the newest issu...)
Quote:

From the newest issue (#93), I'm making the Tandoori chicken thighs with the spinach/raisin rice and asparagus. I goofed up on the marinade, I used one tablespoon of tumeric, it was suppose to be one teaspoon. Will that alter the flavor too much?

No idea, but I hope you will let us know if you like it.

Tonight we used up some leftovers, so had a cup of soup, a chopped salad, 1/2 cup each of leftover spaghetti, and grilled turkey burgers. I know, it sounds weird, but it was all good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I don't think so, but not real sure, Blane. ...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? by cjs (I don't think so, bu...)
Anything soft, mushie and cold. Derek had oral surgery today and is only allowed very soft and cold food for 24 hours. The worst part is he can't do a lot of sugary foods being pre-diabetic. And sure enough most all cold mush foods, yogurt, ice-cream, jello, pudding are all very high in sugar. He gets to start warm foods tomorrow so I can do mac and cheese and mashed potatoes and protein drinks.

For me...no clue probably a hot dog
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? by DFen911 (Anything soft, mushi...)
Give my best to Derek! Oral surgery is very painful! I hope he makes a speedy recovery!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

No idea, but I hope you will let us know if you like it.

It was delicious! A keeper for sure, even though I messed up the turmeric amount.

[Image: Tandoorichicken1.jpg]