What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/29???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today?

We're having Maple-Glazed Cod (or halibut) with baby bok choy and edamame & mushroom potstickers and rice.

Our 'lunch' will be a repeat of the shrimp tacos - they were so good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/29??? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
Well, I have a ripe mango so I might build dinner around that. Maybe grilled salmon with a mango salsa. Need to come up with some sides.

Edited: have already done a 180. Tony wants burgers. I'm cool with that - LOL. I'll save that mango for my lunch tomorrow.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/29??? by Trixxee (Well, I have a ripe ...)
I was going to make the Tandoori chicken thighs with mango from issue #93 (May 2012), but it has to be marinated for 12-24 hours. I'll start the marinade today, so it will be ready for tomorrows dinner.
Tonight, from the same issue, it's breakfast for dinner; Swedish pancakes with blueberry sauce with a side of bacon. I'm also going to make a lingonberry butter to go with.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/29??? by losblanos1 (I was going to make ...)
Have an egg plant that needs to be used and kind of having urge for pasta so that'll be it maybe with some fish
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/29??? by farnfam (Have an egg plant th...)
Oh My, this dinner from CarbLovers was just great today!! The flavors - yummy!!

[Image: CarbLoversApr29dinner.jpg]

Maple-Glazed cod (Red Rock) with baby bok choy, br. rice, edamame (didn't have so used peas) and mushroom potstickers and Trader Joe-san's Sparkling Sake.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/29??? by cjs (Oh My, this dinner f...)
Looks good Jean! I'm doing Maryann's birthday dinner. Getting ready to go start the marinade and do all my chopping and slicing before another glass of wine on the deck!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/29??? by losblanos1 (I was going to make ...)
Quote:

I was going to make the Tandoori chicken thighs with mango from issue #93 (May 2012), but it has to be marinated for 12-24 hours.

Blaine, would you be so kind as to post that recipes, please? The pre-packaged tandoori spice mix that Denise sent in my "Secret Santa" package was fantastic and I'd like to find a good tandoori recipe that doesn't rely upon pre-made mixes. Can't wait to hear how this turns out for you!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/29??? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We came up from the lake later than I expected, so I had to scramble a bit for dinner. Thank goodness Cis posted the bread appy!

I seasoned and grilled some chicken cutlets, and took a loaf of ciabatta I had in the freezer, split it and topped it with a generous coating of pesto, some mozzarella, and some artichoke hearts. I broiled all of that while the chicken rested, then added spinach and made a great sandwich. Thanks for the inspiration!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/29??? by karyn (We came up from the ...)
Wow, Karyn! That sounds like a fantastic dinner, and you made it on the fly?! I had been thinking an 18hr bread for the appy, but I think you've got a good idea with the ciabatta
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 4/29??? by farnfam (Wow, Karyn! That so...)
Quote:

Wow, Karyn! That sounds like a fantastic dinner, and you made it on the fly?! I had been thinking an 18hr bread for the appy, but I think you've got a good idea with the ciabatta

Yeah...freezer diving. It's becoming an art.

Thanks again for giving me a starting point!