Look at this yummy idea for an appy
  Re: (...)
Doesn't this look just scrumptious and it would go great with those bacon saly ringed Bloody Marys
http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/2012/...bread.html
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Look at this yummy idea for an appy by farnfam (Doesn't this look ju...)
Looks delicious, Cis. I'm baking bread today, so might have to do that one tomorrow and have it with roasted tomato soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Look at this yummy idea for an appy by Mare749 (Looks delicious, Cis...)
That looks fantastic Cis! A friend of mine recently made something very similar and called it blooming onion bread (I assume after Outback Steakhouse's blooming onion appetizer).
  Re: Re: Look at this yummy idea for an appy by Trixxee (That looks fantastic...)
That looks great!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Look at this yummy idea for an appy by Trixxee (That looks fantastic...)
I am anxious to give it a try. Tomato soup sounds like a great match Maryann, and I hope it will make Ron all betterer
Trixiee, Blooming Onion version sounds good too, more details please
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Look at this yummy idea for an appy by farnfam (I am anxious to give...)
My grandson made something similar to this that we saw on a food blog a while back. He said it was delicious, but could feel his arteries clogging.......

It does look so good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Look at this yummy idea for an appy by cjs (My grandson made som...)
Lol I'd eat that for dinner with a salad
  Re: Re: Look at this yummy idea for an appy by DFen911 (Lol I'd eat that for...)
Blooming Onion Bread!

http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.c...bread.html
  Re: Re: Look at this yummy idea for an appy by Trixxee (Blooming Onion Bread...)
That bread sounds delicious, but I was a bit disappointed when I saw the recipe. From the name, I thought it was going to have at least something like the TASTE of the Bloomin' Onion, but it turned out that the name only refers to the appearance and presentation of the bread. Now it makes me want to see if I can make a bread that would actually taste like the Bloomin' Onion, as well.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Look at this yummy idea for an appy by labradors (That bread sounds de...)
I haven't had a blooming onion in so long I can't remember - does it come with a dipping sauce? Maybe that'll get you closer (if there isn't a way to deep fry the bread).