O.T. Hooray for Austin!!!!!
  Re: (...)
"The faint smell of mar*juana smoke wafted through a crowd of about 2,000 people as....................."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/21...42705.html

Love this and a new destination for me, that's for sure!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: O.T. Hooray for Austin!!!!! by cjs ("The faint smell of ...)
That is too cool! Funny, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: O.T. Hooray for Austin!!!!! by Gourmet_Mom (That is too cool! F...)
How appropriate the story would be from the HUFFING-ton Post.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: O.T. Hooray for Austin!!!!! by cjs ("The faint smell of ...)
We all love Willie, an icon, and a real troubadour. Many don't know that after he formed Farm Aid, they came to his aid and raised money to help him pay five or so years of taxes he forgot about, until the IRS reminded him. We celebrated the birthday of Mance Lipscomb this week, a Navasota blues great, the reason Navasota is known as the "Blues Capital of Texas". He was essentially a cotton picker and blues composer who played and composed for Lightnin Hopkins and others. Marsha Ball from Austin, who plays a mean piano, sings beautifully, and sways a sexy leg while she plays, came to celebrate our unveiling of Mances statue. She is also a cook featured in a Saveur a few years ago and a big fan of Mance and Willie. Come to Texas, Austin, The Live Music Capital, and Navasota, The Blues Capital Of Texas, in the summer. God bless our musicians, they add magic to our lives.

By the way, if we legalized weed we could empty our prisons by one third and cut deficits by a similar amount. We didn't learn enough from the prohibition experiment. OK Jean, you can edit me--luv ya!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: O.T. Hooray for Austin!!!!! by Old Bay (We all love Willie, ...)
"OK Jean, you can edit me--luv ya" - No way I would edit you on this, but if someone else wants me to, I will.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: O.T. Hooray for Austin!!!!! by cjs ("OK Jean, you can ed...)
Yea Willie!

Jean thank you for sharing! Bill thank you for the great info . . . . and I have to agree with you!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!