What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/18??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today??

We're off to Everett and stopping at Central market to look for some goodies: Kelp caviar, camembert, Meyerberg goat butter, good white balsamic and...........
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/18?? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
Sounds like fun! Enjoy! We'll be waiting to find out what wonderful goodies you find.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/18?? by Harborwitch (Sounds like fun! En...)
I am going to make the Chicken Pomodoro from the free issue we all seem to have (opposite page from the Chicken Piccata). Roasted red potatoes and asparagus.

Blane has really rubbed off on me. I don't think I even like any other vegetables anymore, other than carrots.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/18?? by Harborwitch (Sounds like fun! En...)
First day at feel like eating or cooking but I really don't know what I want to eat or cook
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/18?? by Trixxee (I am going to make t...)
Quote:

I am going to make the Chicken Pomodoro from the free issue we all seem to have (opposite page from the Chicken Piccata). Roasted red potatoes and asparagus.

Blane has really rubbed off on me. I don't think I even like any other vegetables anymore, other than carrots.

Trixxee, I've made that chicken pomodoro before and gave it a thumbs up. A very tasty dish. That free issue is what got me into Cuisine at Home, since then, I've bought the whole annual volume set, plus most of the cookbooks. That's too funny, carrots are my second favorite veggie.

That being said, tonight is a rare non-Cuisine recipe . I'm making my ultimate comfort food, roasted chicken/gravy over mashed potatoes and a side of asparagus .
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/18?? by losblanos1 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
It's what got me into it too! I just looked at the issue and I've made every recipe except the pizza, the egg dish and the creme brulee. Loved all of them. I think I'm going to make the french onion salisbury steak this weekend.

(And that is funny about the carrots)!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/18?? by Trixxee (It's what got me int...)
Trixxee, have you not made the Salisbury steak recipe? If not, you're going to LOVE it!

We're supposed to have church tonight, but school is getting out of control. I need some peace and quiet to make it to Friday afternoon. I'll cook a hot dog or something and take last night's leftovers for lunch tomorrow. It looks like it may rain any minute, but I'm still on the deck with my wine.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/18?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, have you no...)
Daphne - I've probably made it about 20 times over the last 5 years, but it's been a while. I have to save it for a weekend because to me it's a little labor intensive for a weeknight!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/18?? by Trixxee (Daphne - I've probab...)
I had a grilled cheese sandwich craving, and decided to give these a try. The individual components were good but not great, but assembled and grilled this was one tasty sandwich!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 4/18?? by karyn (I had a grilled chee...)
We got together with 6 other "work campers" here and went to a wonderful taqueria for dinner. Yummy food and a good time was had by all! We have a great group this year and we had a lot of fun.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!