Ooooops!
  Re: (...)
We had pizza for dinner the other night. . . . with Jean's wonderful bread flour pizza dough. Somehow in the insanity of 6 days straight of LONG days the remaining pizza dough got forgotten. I found it today on the "counter" (way out of the way) - smelling like wonderful sourdough, no mold, no sludge, nothing but sourdough smelling dough. (Thursday we had pizza??) Does anyone have an idea . . . could it be like a biga?? Or, should I toss it?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Ooooops! by Harborwitch (We had pizza for din...)
Wow, I sure wouldn't want to decide that one.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ooooops! by cjs (Wow, I sure wouldn't...)
I would say, when in doubt....
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Ooooops! by Lorraine (I would say, when in...)
I would go a head and make it into something and bake. The oven will take care of any problems
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Ooooops! by farnfam (I would go a head an...)
Thank you all - this crazy work schedule is driving me nuts! I just remembered it, sniffed it, and it's all bubbly, yeasty, and sourdough smelling. There's no liquid, no funky smell. If it wasn't so late . . . .

Cis I'm going to treat it like a biga and bake it tomorrow (even if I have to take it down to the restaurant!).
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Ooooops! by Harborwitch (Thank you all - this...)
Good I'm really anxious to hear how it turned out I bet it's going to be delicious
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Ooooops! by farnfam (Good I'm really anxi...)
Only my opinion, but I think it will be safe to use. I used to leave a sour dough starter out on my counter for weeks. It was always fine. In fact, it's probably going to be great.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."