T.G.I.F. 13TH - What's for Dinner??
  Re: (...)
Friday, the 13th - everyone be careful. What's on the menu for today?

Mushroom, Crab and Gouda pizza here - I'm drooling thinking about it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. 13TH - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Friday, the 13th - e...)
I have some baby bocconcini, cherry tomatoes, and pesto. I'm thinking pizza!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 13TH - What's for Dinner?? by Lorraine (I have some baby boc...)
I have to be ready to take off early in the morning to drive to Boise Idaho. Boys are competing at Regionals on Sunday.

Chicken tortilla soup in the slow cooker.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 13TH - What's for Dinner?? by esgunn (I have to be ready t...)
Wow, Erin, you all have sure been going like crazy the last six months!!! Good luck to the boys and safe trip.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 13TH - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Wow, Erin, you all h...)
Taco night.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 13TH - What's for Dinner?? by piano226 (Taco night....)
Well, piddle, I'm underwhelmed with my pizza. But, since I'm really not a mushroom fan (not to mention not a big gouda fan ), I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I used Oyster mushrooms and it just seemed to neutralize the other flavors. I wish now I had done a crab, and sausage pizza. But, it was a favorite for (as Lorraine would say) 'him' so I guess all was not lost.

[Image: MushroomCrabandGoudapizzaApr13.jpg]

All I can think is what a waste of my homemade mozz and crab!!! Sunday brunch will be a Margarhita pizza and let the mozz shine!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 13TH - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Well, piddle, I'm un...)
It looks great , Jean, sorry it wasn't a favourite. Oh, what we do for "him". Boiled up more little potatoes and cabbage in the ham stock, serving them with rosemary buns i had in the freezer. Dessert is toasted pound cake, blueberry/apple jam with whipped cream. We had it last night, and it is a winner.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 13TH - What's for Dinner?? by Lorraine (It looks great , Jea...)
Steak night! Grilled rib-eye with tomato gastrique and a side of asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 13TH - What's for Dinner?? by losblanos1 (Steak night! Grilled...)
Steak night here also. Tonight's dinner is almost a repeat of last night, but I do love my beef. I think I can take it. .

William finally got started on the taxes today, which sent me scurrying for documents, but I got some more house projects completed at the same time. While he finishes up tomorrow, I'm hoping to get some bread and pizza dough made up. I'm planning to freeze the pizza dough, but I was wondering if I should freeze the bread dough or bake it off, then freeze?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 13TH - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Well, piddle, I'm un...)
Quote:

I used Oyster mushrooms and it just seemed to neutralize the other flavors.

Great mushrooms but not necessarily the best for pizza. At the restaurant, we used a sautéed mixture of regular, portobello and shiitake mushrooms, but I wouldn't have use them with crab.

Not sure I would have used mozz with crab, either - probably Newburg sauce and a very light sprinkling of smoked Gouda.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?