What's for Dinner, Thurs., 4/5??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

We're having the Shrimp stir fry we were supposed to have yesterday.

Oh, by the way, while at Costco, picked up the new C@H grilling book - there are some really good lookin' ideas in it. Has anyone made anything from it yet, I can't remember....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 4/5?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I looked at that book and the cover looked familiar - have to see if I already have it.

We're going to sit a chicken on a beer can of goodies and stick her in the smoker with a pan of mac & cheese sitting above her. MMMMMMMMMMM. I think broccoli to go with it.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 4/5?? by Harborwitch (I looked at that boo...)
Ooh, why don't you guys ever send me some of that stuff, it sounds out of this world good to me today
We are having fish tacos with Curtido and that Serrano Salsa Verde. Not as good as what Sharon is having, but it will do
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 4/5?? by farnfam (Ooh, why don't you g...)
Jean, that issue is packed with great recipes, I've made many of them. Since Roy likes his Costco hotdogs, may I recommend the 'So-Cal Dogs' on page 64?

Tonight, it's chicken pate on endive with a side of tater tots.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 4/5?? by losblanos1 (Jean, that issue is ...)
Quote:

may I recommend the 'So-Cal Dogs' on page 64?

LOL! Still not accustomed to that short-form name. Every time I see "So-Cal," my initial reaction is "so called."

Hmmm... Maybe I'm really not too far off.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 4/5?? by losblanos1 (Jean, that issue is ...)
I looked at those - haven't shown them to him.......yet!

Saturday I think I'll do the grill-fired pork steaks, tomato chowchow and the rosemary cherry tomatoes. Maybe some grilled potato planks, also. I'm dying to GRILL!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 4/5?? by cjs (I looked at those - ...)
I made that (except for the tomato skewer/greens side). It was delicious. They also recommend trying the chowchow on hotdogs.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 4/5?? by losblanos1 (I made that (except ...)
And, I have hot dogs in the freezer.

I'm so pleased with the results of the Hoisin Shrimp Stir Fry
[Image: HoisinShrimpStirFry2.jpg]

I won't post the recipe yet, as I want to make it one more time, but so easy and fast and tasty - as long as you're willing to lower your standards ( ) and use frozen veggies. This is for the pantry book.

Served over red rice and orzo combo.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 4/5?? by losblanos1 (I made that (except ...)
Sharon, I now know what I'm having Saturday night! It has been too long since we've done beer can chicken!

It just so happens that I'm doing something with beer, too. We're having Jean's Beer Brats! I've got corn on the cob and slaw on the side. Of course, there's sauerkraut for William.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 4/5?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, I now know w...)
That shrimp looks awesome, Jean! I just got home from 5 days in Virginia/DC with 70 7th graders. I'm exhausted, but it was an awesome trip. I couldn't be more proud of how well our students rose to the occasion. It sure is nice coming off a long trip feeling this way!

John picked me up at school and offered to take me out, but I just wanted to go home, so we had BBQ beef quesadillas. I'll be in bed soon.