What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

We're in for a treat, the culinary program at a local school is putting on a dinner and we're going. I'm trying to get a foot in the door re the scholarships from the sales of Share a Recipe - we've gotten the run around for 4 or 5 years now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have a great time, Jean. And good luck with "Share a Recipe." It's a wonderful book that SHOULD be shared, and for a good reason, too.

Dinner tonight is going to be pot roast braised in the gravy from "Lorraine's Short Ribs." I'll probably add some carrots to the pot because Ron just loves them that way, but will make mashed potatoes on the side.

Also, trying a new recipe from King Arthur flour called No-Knead Cheese Burger Buns. I'm sure we will split one with dinner, but the plan is to slice/freeze the rest and use for sandwiches for Ron's lunch.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? by Mare749 (Have a great time, J...)
It's book club night for me. We read The Good Son by Michael Gruber (honestly, I'm only half done and there's no way I can finish it before 6:30). The hostess and her husband are former restaurateurs and always serve a nice meal.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? by HomeCulinarian (It's book club night...)
Tonight I'm making a sausage spinach rice bowl from the latest Cooking Light.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? by Trixxee (Tonight I'm making a...)
Tonight is going to be the Fish & Chip cakes from the latest issue. I had to photocopy the recipe from Tonya's copy - Bob's never got here. We've emailed them, and we're waiting. . . .

So there! I'm back to normal!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? by Harborwitch (Tonight is going to ...)
No-Knead Cheese Burger Buns - those sound dangerous, Maryann!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? by cjs (No-Knead Cheese Burg...)
They are looking real good, too!

Here is the link:http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/no-knead-cheese-burger-buns-recipe
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? by Mare749 (They are looking rea...)
Sharon, could you write review on those Fish & Chip cakes? I've got my eye on that recipe.

Tonight, it's Island pork tenderloin with mango salsa, Jasmine rice and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? by losblanos1 (Sharon, could you wr...)
Quote:

Sharon, could you write review on those Fish & Chip cakes? I've got my eye on that recipe.

Yes, please, Sharon.

We're having patty melts tonight. Yum!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? by losblanos1 (Sharon, could you wr...)
Quote:

Tonight, it's Island pork tenderloin with mango salsa, Jasmine rice and asparagus.

Well it looks like tomorrow! Work camper party at the club house. Norwegian Sardine Pate & crackers and some left over pasta are going down for the party. Fish cakes tomorrow and I'll review them for certain.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!