New Toys!! Oh Boy!!
  Re: (...)
Hey All,

Ever since Santa got me a Gel Pro mat for Christmas, I have loved having it. Problem was, it really didn't cover the whole space between my island and my stove, and it "walked". The kitties love it, too! Buddy loves to lie on it and hasn't shown any desire to shred it with his claws!

So since we are experiencing a comfort zone with our budget, I opted to get a larger size for the space between the island and the stove and move the existing one to the sink area. It came today and I will not regret spending the money! If you have the means to get one, you will not regret it. The trade mags only sell the 20" wide mats, but at gelpro.com, they sell all their other sizes.

Next up - buying Alina's reccomendation for the West Bend Slow Cooker.

Love this board and all the help in selecting stuff to buy!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: New Toys!! Oh Boy!! by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]Ever...)
Very cool. I'd love to get one - but of late I was thinking I'd need a gelpro mat for my chair. Meaning in my chair. I'll have to check their website maybe I can find one to fit in the space in my kitchen.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Toys!! Oh Boy!! by Harborwitch (Very cool. I'd love...)
Sounds like a happy purchase, Barbara! What color did you get? Must be easy to keep clean if you wanted another one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New Toys!! Oh Boy!! by Mare749 (Sounds like a happy ...)
Quote:

Must be easy to keep clean

I take it outside and hose it down. Aren't they great, Barbara? I'm thinking of getting another one for his side of the island, standing on tiles kills his legs.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: New Toys!! Oh Boy!! by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
I sure love mine also - when I see some money running uphill I'll probably buy another one. They are great!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Toys!! Oh Boy!! by cjs (I sure love mine al...)
I have to say, it is an OMG experience because I'm barefooted or in socks at home and we put in a Bruce hardwood floor when we renovated the kitchen 20+ years ago.

I haven't had to clean either one yet, but plan to use the back burners more often because the tile backsplash would probably be easier to clean than this monster.

I selected the two in the basketweave design and hazelnut color to accent our lighter colored floors and our cabinets that just about match the flooring color. I would love to take pics and post, but I don't have an account to one of those freebie pic posting sites. Heck, I'd love for all of you to see the antique stove/oven I used to have! A 1923 Quality gas range. What a great stove that was!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: New Toys!! Oh Boy!! by BarbaraS (I have to say, it is...)
Barbara, I use photobucket. Easy peasy, and it's free.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."