What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Well, we will be completely out of the box today! Tracie's B'day was Sunday and as usual, she had planned the same b'day dinner I always have - Steak and grilled veggies and/or fruit platter. But, she saw an add on t.v. for Papa Murphy's Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza - she told her boyfriend to put the steak back in the fridge and they ordered the pizza.

She called us and just raved about this darn pizza. So, we're having it today for dinner. We'll see..................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
How can it not be yummy? Let us know, Jean.

I got some beautiful mushrooms yesterday, so I'm stuffing some for an appy, then making meatball mushroom soup. If there are any left, I may have to dry them.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
The last time I said I was going to make Chicken Piccata I wound up doing something else so I'll do that tonight. I have some thinly sliced chicken breasts so I don't even have to pound them out. Not sure about the sides yet - need to hit the grocery store.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/12?? by Trixxee (The last time I said...)
Well now, that pizza was not too bad at all. The crust was unlike any I've seen. It was like a cracker at the untopped edges, really good.

[Image: PapaMurphy1.jpg]

[Image: PapaMurphyBaked.jpg]

One thing different for me tho, Tracie said she liked the dill pickles on the pizza (she's not a dill fan either) and she ate them. I took one bite, but had to take the rest off even tho I did like the flavor they imparted.

So, 1 to 10, I'd give the pizza a high 8 - nice combination of flavors and I liked cooking it myself.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/12?? by cjs (Well now, that pizza...)
That's one great sounding pizza!!! I thawed some of the Porcupine Logs, we'll have them with brown rice and carrots. Apple Raisin Bread Pudding for dessert, made with whole wheat bread.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
So, was that a frozen pizza from the grocery store, or a take-out that you bake yourself?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Tht pizza looks great--I love dill pickles, but I would leave them off my pizza!!! Otherwise looks great!!
Snack for me tonight as I'm picking Jane up at the airport at 7:30. About 1 hr plus to home--things back to normal!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/12?? by Old Bay (Tht pizza looks grea...)
Jean, do you have a pizza oven? It looks perfectly cooked. Trixxee, that chicken piccata was the first recipe that I tried from Cuisine at Home, it got me hooked on Cuisine recipes.

Todays weather (raining) calls out for soup, so it's Cheese & Potato soup with bacon and scallions. I'll toast up a baguette for dipping and dessert is a new one, Butterscotch Tapioca Pudding with whip cream and toffee.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/12?? by losblanos1 (Jean, do you have a ...)
the pizza was from Papa Murphy's - it a chain (out here??) that is take and bake. So, the guy made it while Roy watched and brought it home to bake. First time I've ever done this, but if and when I buy a pizza, this will be the way I'll go. Much better home baked.

No, Blane, I don't have a pizza oven (a wood-fired is on our list, but not yet) just my house stove.

Bill, you might try it - I don't even like dill pickles, but I sure did like the flavor (just can't quite bite into one )

Tell Jane welcome home!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/12?? by cjs (the pizza was from P...)
Interesting pizza, Jean!

I'm making Hamburger Pie tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.