What's for Dinner, Sat. - 3/10??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for dinner today?

It's 7:20 a.m. and I have two beautiful pieces of pastrami in the oven finishing off. It's beginning to smell very good in here.

Here they are after smoking yesterday -
[Image: SmokedPastramireadyforbaking.jpg]

We're having a champagne brunch with pastrami and Muenster sandwiches and a little bubbly and probably soup later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. - 3/10?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Oh my, it's a good thing we're going out tonight. Nothing sounds/looks as good as your brunch today!

OT--going to see "Memphis" tonight!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. - 3/10?? by Mare749 (Oh my, it's a good t...)
"Memphis" - is this a new show that I haven't heard of yet??? a musical?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. - 3/10?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I can almost smell it, Jean!!! I baked off some chicken breasts yesterday, so I'm thinking chicken Enchilladas as I have some of his "Green Sauce".
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. - 3/10?? by Lorraine (I can almost smell i...)
I'm on my way to Costco to pick up some baby back ribs and corn on the cob for tonight. Since we won't eat all those ears of corn today I want to make Bobby Flay's corn with basil butter in the next few days. Will have to think of something to go with that. Maybe a grilled steak for Tony and grilled salmon for me. Yes, I think I'll do that.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. - 3/10?? by Trixxee (I'm on my way to Cos...)
I'm undecided...it's either going to be a cheese fondue night, or we'll have the Italian Steak Sandwiches from one of the Cuisine Tonight issues. DS is on his way. If he shows up with his vegetarian GF, the decision will be made!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. - 3/10?? by karyn (I'm undecided...it's...)
Tonight taking my folks out to dinner for their anniversary. It's been pushed back 2 weeks due to illness and allergies
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. - 3/10?? by DFen911 (Tonight taking my fo...)
Oh my word, is this good. But, I want to go buy some really good Pastrami and have side by side.

[Image: PastramidoneMar10.jpg]

We ate the sandwiches too fast to take pictures...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. - 3/10?? by cjs (Oh my word, is this ...)
From the 'Fresh & Fabulous' Cuisine at Home cookbook, my wife is making the Pork & Radish sauté with a side of Barley grape salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. - 3/10?? by losblanos1 (From the 'Fresh & Fa...)
Jean I bet yours wins hands down