What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/7??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I''m still on the fence.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/7?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are having cheese ravioli and the guys will each have one meatball (that's all there is). Poor me. What I give up for the sake of my family. And roasted asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/7?? by Trixxee (We are having cheese...)
Trixxee, you forgot to add your huge S...I.....G.....H....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/7?? by cjs (Trixxee, you forgot ...)
Well I'll make sure I get my daily allotment of meat at lunch! I have half a chicken burrito leftover from Chipotle - boy, do they stuff their burritos! No stinginess going on there.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/7?? by Trixxee (Well I'll make sure ...)
O.K. decided to try the first recipe from the "Quick & Easy Vietnamese" book - Chicken simmered in Caramel sauce (thit ga kho gung) and does it ever look good. Think I'll combine some red rice and ramen noodles for a side.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/7?? by cjs (O.K. decided to try ...)
Now I know for sure, that is one of the books that I checked out from the library, Jean. Can't wait to hear how you like the chicken.

Dinner tonight will be Classic Cannelloni from Cuisine's Perfect Pasta. We haven't had this dish for quite some time and it's really fabulous. Stir-fried zucchini, eggplant, and onions on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/7?? by Mare749 (Now I know for sure,...)
We're doing an old C@H favorite, too--the Tamale Corn Cakes with Carnitas recipe from #58. My whole family loves these, but they're not all that good for the waistline, so I don't make them very often....
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/7?? by karyn (We're doing an old [...)
I just love when the first recipe I try from a new cookbook is good!! Chicken Simmered in Caramel Sauce from "Quick & Easy Vietnamese" is wonderful!!

[Image: ChixsimmerincaramelsauceMar7.jpg]

It just continues to p*ss me off that my pictures don't look like the books.(I know - they sometimes don't even use real food, but still.... )

Anyway, it is delicious.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/7?? by cjs (I just love when the...)
Good looking dish, Jean! They're serving Dominoes at church tonight. Last time they ran out before bells got finished.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (Good looking dish, J...)
Looks good to me, Jean. I'll have to check and see if I made that one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."