What's for Dinner, Thurs, 3/1??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner today??>

We're going home today, so it's up in the air what we'll be doing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 3/1?? by cjs (What's for dinner to...)
Well, I have quite a bit of fresh basil leftover from last night and a freezer full of chicken breasts so I'm going to make chicken with sundried tomato cream sauce, angel hair and just so I don't feel left out, asparagus. If it's on sale at the store I'm going to.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 3/1?? by Trixxee (Well, I have quite a...)
I'm making a roasted truffle chicken with roasted potatoes and peas or cabbage. Asparagus is NOT on sale over here, sadly.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 3/1?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm making a roasted...)
Trixxee & Daphne, thanks for the idea, I think that I'll have asparagus as a side dish to go with Pineapple spiced chicken. Brilliant!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 3/1?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee & Daphne, th...)
Jane left today for South Carolina and her family (I went last year). Ten days is a long time to be apart (especially at our age), but we plan well to stay busy!! She will be active all the time. I am making things I like but Jane doesn't (or doesn't know but won't try), like okra, tomatoes,onions, and sausage---posole (national soup of Mexico), sauerkraut and franks, and many others. I also play more golf than usual and get to watch "The Outlaw Josey Wales", "Jeramiah Johnson", "Zulu", "Pale Rider", "Thunder Road" and more--anyway good food, good golf, good movies---but ten days is long enough--I may even watch "An Affair To Remember" with her when she gets home.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 3/1?? by Old Bay (Jane left today for ...)
Awwwwww, Bill! It is so obvious how much you two love each other, having met you. It's going to be a long ten days. What? No poker night in there?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 3/1?? by Gourmet_Mom (Awwwwww, Bill! It i...)
Bill, I think it's fantastic that you find ways to occupy yourself while Jane is away, so she doesn't have to feel guilty about going. So good for you!!! And, you do have us to keep you company!

I was gone all day visiting a dear friend who had to be relocated recently to an assisted living center. What a gorgeous place this was and the food is fantastic. They have a trained chef on staff who plans all the meals and everyone raves about how good he is. I was so impressed.

Anyway, I got home late, so we just had hamburgers and a cup of soup for dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 3/1?? by Mare749 (Bill, I think it's f...)
With all you have planned, Bill - the days will fly by. Sounds like full days for everyone.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com