Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

We're having those miniature waffles using Pillsbury biscuits and ham. Tonight's dinner will be a chili kinda of casserole.

I have to say I have never been in such a horrendous wind and rain storm as last night's. It would build up to such a crescendo (sp?) that we laid there wondering how it would climax....Unbelievable.

And, this was breakfast yesterday - don't know why, but it all just worked for a delicious burger - great grd. beef, thick slice of onion, Swiss cheese, and grainy mustard. Yummy
[Image: BurgerPTbkfastfeb28.jpg]

While we were eating, this beauty went by, a U.S. Naval Supply *****
[Image: USNavySupplyshipfeb28.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
For all you campers/RVers - these are the best little 'unmessy' waffles I've ever done in the trailer!!
[Image: DinnerRollWaffles.jpg]

I make a yeast waffle dough that I have to separate and whip the whites and fold into the batter - all the dishes! Ugh!
These are Pillsbury dinner rolls.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day by cjs (For all you campers/...)
Looks great! We are having goat cheese & basil stuffed chicken, either roasted red potatoes or smashed potatoes and a romaine salad.
  Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
You all have the best view on the forum--just fantastic!!!
We are having eggplant parmasagn and pasta with a Sicilian tomato sauce we made and froze from the star crossed Jeff Smith's book on Italian cooking. Good book. I loved his show, a good cook, and a true food historian. I so hate he had the problem he had. It did kill him I think.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day by Old Bay (You all have the bes...)
Tonight it's all about comfort food. Norwegian meatballs with gravy over chive mashed potatoes with a side of, Hmmmm...ASPARGUS! $1.28lb.
I'm also making an appetizer for work tomorrow, Thai curry chicken salad in phyllo cups.
  Re: Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day by losblanos1 (Tonight it's all abo...)
There you go Blane, Norwegian cooking is in!!

Yes, we do have great scenery around here, Bill!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day by cjs (There you go Blane, ...)
They're serving Brunswick Stew at church tonight. There better be some left after bells! Although, I don't anticipate it being as good as my daddy's.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day by Gourmet_Mom (They're serving Brun...)
From the latest issue (back in October 2007) . Norwegian Meatballs.

[Image: Norwegianmeatballs.jpg]
  Re: Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day by losblanos1 (From the latest issu...)
Beautiful! Had to do a search online for that recipe since my issues don't go back that far.
  Re: Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day by Trixxee (Beautiful! Had to d...)
Yum! I think I may have bought that set. I'll have to check this weekend. They surly do look good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.