What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/23??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone? Hopefully Daphne is being treated as a Queen!!

We're having the leftovers we were going to have yesterday after our trip to Everett. We've been going by a restaurant in Edmonds (just off the ferry) everytime we go across and always say we have to stop there. Well, finally we did yesterday on our way home. And, what a great place it is!

Chanterelle's is the name and Blane, you are probably the only one close enough to ever try it if you get a chance. A very nice small menu with a few drinkable wines. All in all, a great late lunch.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/23?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Chicken licken' pork chops in the crockpot, steamed rice and asparagus.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/23?? by Mare749 (Chicken licken' pork...)
I pulled some marinara from the freezer so we're having spaghetti. I'm going to be really bad and make a little alfredo sauce - I like both sauces on my pasta. Since we're all out of asparagus, just a simple romaine salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/23?? by Trixxee (I pulled some marina...)
Quote:

Chicken licken' pork chop

Is there a recipe on here, Maryann!? Sounds interesting!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/23?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
I found it in Mastercook Crockpot Recipes, Lorraine. It's quick and easy and actually pretty good.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken Lickin' Good Pork Chops

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Crockpot Poultry
Stews Vegetables

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
8 lean pork chops-1" thick
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons oil
1 can chicken & rice soup

Dredge chops in mixture of flour, salt, dry mustard and garlic powder. Brown
in oil in large skillet. Place browed pork chops in Crockpot. Add can of soup.
Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.(High 3 1/2 hours).
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/23?? by Mare749 (I found it in Master...)
Jean, I've heard of Chanterelle. I just pulled up their website and I have decided what to order- The double mango salmon. What a great menu they have. Thanks for the tip.
Now I'm kind of bummed though, after looking at that great menu all I'm having for dinner is a sesame chicken sandwich with a side of pommes frites.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/23?? by losblanos1 (Jean, I've heard of ...)
I had the fish taco with the greatest sauce and some of the mango salsa also. Wonderful!

Oh, and if you have room after the salmon - we tried the greatest dessert -
a layer of chocolate coated pretzel pieces topped with a ganache topped with a caramel round and Maldon salt.

TO DIE FOR!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/23?? by cjs (I had the fish taco ...)
Jean, that dessert sounds SOOOOOO good!

As I mentioned in my birthday thread, I'm sharing my Steak Night with William tonight. It's almost like a Friday, since I'm TAKING TOMORROW OFF!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 2/23?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, that dessert s...)
Sesame chicken sandwich. It was OK.

[Image: Sesamechickensandwich.jpg]