What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/20??
  Re: (...)
So, what's on the menu today??

We're having grilled Flanken strips and??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/20?? by cjs (So, what's on the me...)
I have chicken stock and ham stock simmering. We can have our choice of soups.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/20?? by Lorraine (I have chicken stock...)
Grilled rib-eyes and roasted asparagus. I'm not sure I'll make a another side. The steaks are pretty big and we've got a big bag of asparagus that needs to be used up.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/20?? by Trixxee (Grilled rib-eyes and...)
I found some Key West pink shrimp at the store today, so we're celebrating Mardi Gras a day early with New Orleans-Style BBQ shrimp and lots of French bread to soak up the sauce. We'll have a tossed salad, too.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/20?? by karyn (I found some Key Wes...)
While at the store I picked up some really nice looking corn on the cob of all things. It looked better today than it did in the summer and it was only 38 cents each. I suddenly got a craving for a spicy lime butter to go with it. So I may turn my steak "southwesterny" to tie it together.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/20?? by Trixxee (While at the store I...)
From the new Cuisine Lite; Maple brined chicken with cranberry-apricot chutney and a side of wild rice pilaf.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/20?? by losblanos1 (From the new Cuisine...)
Trixxee, one time we were in Palm Springs for their Thursday night street market on New Year's Eve (or close to) and one vendor had huge vats of corn on the cob. It was the best corn on the cob in the world - probably because it was so unexpected.!!

By the way, local paper had a picture of Drill, American Act and Creative Cause - any of these excite you???? Did you have a good time??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/20?? by cjs (Trixxee, one time we...)
I can't remember the last time I had a piece of corn on the cob Jean.

Any west coast possibility for a KY Derby entrant and winner excites me! I saw all three of them yesterday and took a picture of each while they were walking around the paddock - just love getting close to these animals. Their coats are so beautiful, shiny and healthy. Looks wise I really like Creative Cause because I love gray horses. I love how your local paper had these three horses in it. We did have fun - didn't win much but also didn't lose much and of course the scenery was so pretty. It has been said many times that Santa Anita is the prettiest race track in the country. I did post a picture on FB with the foggy foothills in the background.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/20?? by Trixxee (I can't remember the...)
At last! Dinner. I riffed on stroganoff, using some of the leftover "bacon whiskey sauce" in the sauce. It turned out great. Easy dinner on noodles with a side of squash with peppers and green beans.

I bet Bob will be glad when I get this webpage up and running. Then I'll have a few weeks to concentrate of cooking.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 2/20?? by Harborwitch (At last! Dinner. I...)
Had to work a basketball tournament last night and didn't get home until after 8:30. But I was determined to make dinner so I'd have lunch today. So I made spaghetti. It is ridiculous to eat dinner at 9:30, but it couldn't be helped.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.