C@H cup flour weight
  Re: (...)
I just realized that I have weight measures for a cup of flour from most of the authors and magazines I use most except for C&H. I find that weighing gives me more consistent results especially when sharing recipes. I know that C@H uses the aerate spoon and sweep method. I'd like to know what that is supposed to weigh.

For example, for all purpose flour CI uses scoop and sweep 1 cup = 5 oz. whereas FC uses spoon and sweep and their cup = 4.5 oz. KAF uses sprinkle and sweep cup = 4.25oz and FN uses spoon and sweep 1 cup = 4.75 oz.

So folks does anyone know what a C@H cup of all purpose flour weighs?

I know I am OCD about this, but can't help it. Off to make Rugelah Bars from the Holiday issue. Hope I guess right!
  Re: C@H cup flour weight by Cubangirl (I just realized that...)
I sure don't know the answer - I don't even bother looking at what others (publications) list, I just go with 1 cup all-purpose and bread flours = 5 oz. while 1 cup whole wheat flour = 5.5 oz.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H cup flour weight by cjs (I sure don't know th...)
I sure don't know either, but am just as curious about this as you are. I have weighed regular AP flour many times and it usually comes out right around 5 oz. with the scoop and sweep method.

However, when I started using KAF flour, I found that a cup of king arthur AP weighed 4.5, using scoop and sweep. Just now, I decided to weigh a cup using the sprinkle and sweep method and it weighed 4.25, just like you said.

I wish that all baking recipes would provide the weight for flour as well as the measurement since too much flour can make baked goods heavy. Maybe Brian could pass this along to the magazine for a future article.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."