T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner everywhere today??

We're going with a chicken and black bean salad with Ramen noodles.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 by cjs (What's for dinner ev...)
Leftover leftovers here...
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 by HomeCulinarian (Leftover leftovers h...)
I'm going to make a chicken & dill dish a friend of mine posted about on FB. Looks very similar to piccata but with dill instead of capers. Not sure about the sides yet - will see what veggies look good and on sale at the store later.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/lemon_...icken.html
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 by cjs (What's for dinner ev...)
I have to be in the Pro Shop today. So I'll take down all the stuff and get a white bean & sausage soup going. I can just simmer it all day down there and then bring it home. I love cooking doing there.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 by Harborwitch (I have to be in the ...)
Really, you could cook it down there and make it home with any left in the crock pot - I would think everyone would smell the wonderful aroma and feel the need to do some quality checks!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 by iBcookin (Really, you could co...)
No idea..horrible cold started to settle in yesterday and today my brain feels like jello. So congested...arg. Probably soup. I need to get a pressure canner so I can make my own soup and can it.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 by DFen911 (No idea..horrible co...)
I'm working on the Korean Rice Bowl (Bibimbap) and will top it with Korean "Barbecued" Beef (Bulgogi) issue #91. Although the fried egg on top is tempting....will probably have leftover veggies, so maybe we can do that for lunch tomorrow.

Hope you feel better soon, Denise!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 by Mare749 (I'm working on the K...)
Poor Denise!

I was very pleased with my salad - chix, ramen noodles, black beans, etc., but it does need more crunch so next time I'll add some celery and instead of roasted red peppers I'll use fresh bells.

WARNING - SHAMELESS PLUG FOLLOWING:

[Image: ChickenRamenSaladJan.jpg]
the bread boards work great - this is the Sir Lancelot bread thawed out and it freezes beautifully.

AND -

Candy Bar Fudge is great with Chateau St. Michelle dry Riesling....

[Image: CandyBarFudewShirazandRiesling.jpg]
again served on RRD Woodworking bread boards...................

And, lastly, here a Christmas present I rec'd from Denise - it's so pretty in my kitchen windowsill.
[Image: DenisesStopper.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 by cjs (Poor Denise![br][br]...)
Steak night! IT'S FRIDAY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 by Gourmet_Mom (Steak night! IT'S F...)
Leftover Bouef Bourguignon! It's chilly outside and they're calling for snow which will turn into rain later.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.