What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/17??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today??

Roasted a 5 lb. chicken yesterday and pulled all the meat (with only 2 bites of that luscious crispy skin ), so today we'll have a Pesto Chix & Tortellini dish. Oh, and made a quart of stock from the bones.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/17?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Your pasta sounds great Jean! We're having blackened grouper with a mango salsa and coconut cilantro rice. It's my combination of several recipes, but it's really tasty! I'll probably roast some asparagus as the veggie.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/17?? by karyn (Your pasta sounds gr...)
Tony has a business dinner so I planned ahead last night and made extra chicken piccata for myself.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/17?? by Trixxee (Tony has a business ...)
We're having pork steaks, baked sweet potato, and I'm not sure if a salad or another veg.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/17?? by Mare749 (We're having pork st...)
I'm doing Peppered Pork Chops, a Cooking Light recipe from years ago. I'm doing green beans and grilled pineapple for sides.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/17?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing Peppered P...)
Oven fried chicken strips with tangy BBQ sauce with a side of steamed broccoli.

Note to self: Add water to the steamer (last night I forgot and the broccoli literally baked in the pan, inedible).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/17?? by losblanos1 (Oven fried chicken s...)
Well the sun is shinning and it's snowing and blowing like mad! I love the weather here in the Columbia Basin - it's different acre by acre!

Tonight is a lovely big ribeye that we're splitting, butternut squash gratin, wedge salad with blue cheese dressing. I may cook some lovely little red potatoes. Nice warm comforting food sounds good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/17?? by Harborwitch (Well the sun is shin...)
Oh Sharon, dinner sounds heavenly, especially the ribeye! We rarely eat beef, but occasionally I crave it and the past two nights have been it. Must put that on the menu for the weekend.

We had our leftover curried risotto and coconut crusted tofu (from my review).
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/17?? by chef_Tab (Oh Sharon, dinner so...)
I'm using some marinara made from the summer garden bounty with turkey Italian sausages over pasta with a salad and bread.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/17?? by chef_Tab (Oh Sharon, dinner so...)
Quote:

Oh Sharon, dinner sounds heavenly, especially the ribeye! We rarely eat beef, but occasionally I crave it and the past two nights have been it. Must put that on the menu for the weekend.

We don't have steak often - this is a nice little 1 lb baby that we'll split. Plenty for 2 and perhaps a bit leftover to go with eggs in the am.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!