What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/16
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I made extra demi-glace for those wonderful Pastrami sandwiches yesterday, so will use it with the leftover flat iron steak from a couple days ago, maybe just combine it all and mash or roast some potatoes. Talk about comfort food.

Oh, and I did get a response from Brian this morning -
"As for the slow forums, yes we've been having some trouble with our web servers. It's affecting all of our websites, not just the forums.

We think we have it all resolved now so let me know if you see any other issues. Thanks and I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

Brian"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/16 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'll have to think about dinner. I have some serious school work to do, so probably something simple.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/16 by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to think a...)
Tonight I'm making chicken piccata and steamed broccolini.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/16 by Trixxee (Tonight I'm making c...)
"steamed broccolini. - Trixxee, if you screw it up, check out the thread!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/16 by Trixxee (Tonight I'm making c...)
I'm seriously thinking about Patty Melts. And I think I'll pick up some turkey legs for the Caveman Pops for tomorrow night. A lot of this depends on a possible meeting tonight or tomorrow night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/16 by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to think a...)
Quote:

I'll have to think about dinner. I have some serious school work to do, so probably something simple.

I wish you hadn't said that! I completely forgot about those papers I need to get graded.

We're having C@H's chili dogs with onion slaw. John had a craving.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/16 by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I made a small "stew for 2" in my little crockpot. Served it over mashed potatoes with peas on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/16 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
A thick ribeye which will be halved, pommes frite for him (leftover from 5 Guys), and an interesting rice/sundried tomato/dried corn/dried celery/dried carrots mixture for me.

DFen11 - you almost got this cute little jar of this TexMati rice, but I figured I would have overdid the rice thing. I was actively searching for bean paste in all the Asian markets I knew of for you. It was bean paste you were looking for, right?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/16 by BarbaraS (A thick ribeye which...)
Trixxee, that chicken piccata is the first recipe that I tried from Cuisine back in 2009, pretty sad when you consider the fact that I started my subscription in 2007. It was so delicious that I tried different recipes- All delicious! It's a rare night when I use a recipe other then Cuisine.

That being said, tonight's one of those rare nights. Usually on Mondays my (step) daughters come over for dinner, but because of the snow, they can't make it.
I thawed out a 5 pound rib roast for the meal. Yikes!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/16 by losblanos1 (Trixxee, that chicke...)
hee, hee, hee - you need a leftovers book.
www.achefsjourney.com