Iron Chef America Battle Tortilla and Tequila
  Re: (...)
No spoiler at this point. Just wanted to make sure you guys are watching! It looks to be a good one! It's a mix of food and cocktail pairings with expert mixologists paired with the chefs. Exciting!

BTW, I will add one thing. I will be surprised if the judges don't get drunk. Ten tequila cocktails? Really? LOL! I'd hate to be second....or not...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Iron Chef America Battle Tortilla and Tequila by Gourmet_Mom (No spoiler at this p...)
Oh . . . . watching the Golden Globes - we'll catch this episode - hopefully recording it!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Iron Chef America Battle Tortilla and Tequila by Harborwitch (Oh . . . . watching ...)
Two comments (no spoilers):

First, I think one or two of the judges were certainly feeling the effects - even though not completely smashed.

Second, I was a little disturbed by the actions of EACH of the two. First, Iron-Chef Garces blew his nose and wiped his face with what looked like a paper napkin then tossed it aside ONTO HIS WORK SURFACE. Seconds later, he picked it up and used THAT to wipe down the dish he was serving to the judges! Then, Chef Raij drank straight from one of the Tequila bottles. Sure: alcohol can be used as a steriliser, but that doesn't mean it kills everything; nor does it mean that that would have been accepted as sanitary had it been done at a restaurant where a health inspector was observing.

YIKES!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Iron Chef America Battle Tortilla and Tequila by labradors (Two comments (no spo...)
Finally saw the show last night - I'd have loved to been there tasting. It made me really wish "they" would offer some of the recipes done on Iron Chef - those drink combinations looked really good.

Some really bad hygiene on both sides of the aisle, that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Iron Chef America Battle Tortilla and Tequila by cjs (Finally saw the show...)
I really enjoyed this one. They really had some cool stuff.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.