Shrimp Paella Salad Review
  Re: (...)
Not a C@H recipe, but oh my this is so tasty, so easy and fast to put together - we thoroughly enjoyed it!!

[Image: ShrimpPaellaJan14.jpg]
You don't see the peas, 'cause I forgot them until after I'd taken the darn picture!!

Easy Shrimp Paella Salad
Serves 4 (more like 6 or 8)

6 oz. pkg. saffron rice mix
1/2 lb. cooked medium shrimp
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 roma tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup Caesar salad dressing

Prepare saffron rice mix as directed on pkg. In serving bowl, combine all ingredients except for mayonnaise and salad dressing. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and salad dressing and mix well. Drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving.

I prepped the shrimp using the garlic roasted shrimp method and after 3 minutes, I turned them over and added the cubed chicken to the mix and tossed to get all the ‘goop’ mixed with the chicken also; then finished the last 2 minutes of cooking. Scraped all that goodness into the salad.

This was so good!!! Along with W.W. Focaccia bread.

[Image: WWSandwichbreadasFocacciaJane14.jpg]

It's a recipe from Linda Larsen from about.com (the salad is)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Shrimp Paella Salad Review by cjs (Not a [url=mailto:C@...)
That looks so good Jean! I cannot tell you how much saffron rice we go through (it's one of the few things Michael will eat willingly).

We'll definitely have to try this! (Michael will have his rice plain). LOL.
  Re: Re: Shrimp Paella Salad Review by Trixxee (That looks so good J...)
Mercy, Jean! That looks and sounds awesome! I just have to figure out where to find the rice. I'm guessing Fresh Market would be a good start.

Speaking of which.....when I found the truffle salt there, I also found another product....saffron salt! Anybody ever try this?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Shrimp Paella Salad Review by Gourmet_Mom (Mercy, Jean! That l...)
That looks really good, Jean, although I might save that recipe for warmer weather. It's a bit frigid here at the moment.

Your focaccia looks great. I would be planning to make some kind of wonderful grilled sandwich with that tomorrow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Shrimp Paella Salad Review by Mare749 (That looks really go...)
It's 1/3 of the Whole Wheat sandwich bread dough from 5 min. a day book, Maryann - and, I have a pkg. of Pastrami I bought for something... that I'd better use, so that sounds good.

Don't think I've seen saffron salt......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Shrimp Paella Salad Review by cjs (It's 1/3 of the Whol...)
Gourmet Mom - we buy the Mahatma brand of "yellow rice". It comes in a slender bag rather than a box. Here it costs between $1.00-$1.50.
  Re: Re: Shrimp Paella Salad Review by Trixxee (Gourmet Mom - we buy...)
Good grief! Trixxee, I wasn't even thinking! I have used that before! DUH! Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Shrimp Paella Salad Review by Gourmet_Mom (Good grief! Trixxee...)
that's what I have also, Trixxee - $1.15 here.
www.achefsjourney.com