What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

I've got two things to choose between... I thawed out some of the smoked Beef with jus from the party last summer for French Dip sandwiches or I slow cooked a pot roast yesterday. Hmmmmm, decisions.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tapas at the winery for us!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/12?? by Lorraine (Tapas at the winery ...)
Baby back ribs. I'll slow cook them in the oven and then Tony can throw them on the grill when he gets home. Not sure of the sides - probably a salad and some corn.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/12?? by Trixxee (Baby back ribs. I'l...)
Chicken Burritos with Black Beans and Pepper Jack from " Black Beans & Corn" as well as some red beans and rice. Will probably make my own version of a mexican salad, shredded lettuce topped with salsa, sour cream and a dab of guacamole. The kids are all free tonight so we're having a little family party.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/12?? by Mare749 (Chicken Burritos wit...)
Maryann, if you have the time or inclination, you might add a 2nd salad dressing to try with your Mexican dinner. You'll be surprised how this one compliments Mexican dishes. Heather McDonald was the food editor for the Grass Valley, CA paper years ago and sent me this recipe. We love it.

Finely shredded iceberg lettuce
coarsely chopped tomatoes
chopped green onions
shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch salt
Lots freshly ground black pepper
Pinch dried Mexican oregano

Shake the dressing well and taste, add more vinegar if needed. Drizzle over the salad; top with a little salsa verde if desired.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/12?? by cjs (Maryann, if you have...)
From the new issue: Cheesy bacon-jalapeno roll-ups and Baja fish taco salad with creamy jalapeno dressing. I've made the taco salad before, it's delicious.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/12?? by losblanos1 (From the new issue: ...)
I wish I could eat with Blane!

William has a class tonight, and I almost opted for a sandwich. Then I came to my senses and came up with a quick dinner idea so I'd have lunch tomorrow. I'm doing the Chicken Linguine with Pine Nuts and Candied Cherry Tomatoes. One of my favorite showcases for pine nuts.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I wish I could eat w...)
Quote:

I wish I could eat with Blane!

Creole Bloody Mary Pork chops. I wasn't thrilled with the sides, but I will play with this until I get it right! It was "invention" night. With some work . . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/12?? by cjs (Maryann, if you have...)
Thanks Jean, I got back on the forum too late to use it, then forgot to thank you for posting it!

Copied and saved for next time!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."