OT-the weather
  Re: (...)
I've noticed people mentioning warm weather on many posts.

Last year at this time, I was shoveling off the deck every single day, 1,2,3 feet of snow until March. Today I was out cutting rosemary (yes, in January in NH) for olive oil, and found my oregano coming back.

So far the only storm was the big one on Halloween. Whatever, I'll take it.

How about the rest of you?

PJ
PJ
  Re: OT-the weather by pjcooks ( I've noticed people...)
We got 2 inches rain today and Houston got 6 inches!!!! A wonderful drenching!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT-the weather by Old Bay (We got 2 inches rain...)
We're also warm and rainy, which is a really good thing!

One year ago today Atlanta was hit with a MAJOR storm--4 to 6 inches of snow--this is the South! The entire region was shut down for a minimum of 3 days. Schools were closed all week.

I like warm and rainy much better!
  Re: Re: OT-the weather by karyn (We're also warm and ...)
Gorgeous weather here, sun several days in a row! Now, that's unusual for us! Also, I think it was something like 58 degrees over the weekend, but that dropped back into the 40's now. It seems like it wasn't that long ago the weather forecasters said we were in for a very cold and snowy winter.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT-the weather by Mare749 (Gorgeous weather her...)
Mostly cold and dry here - other than cold & foggy, or actually warm and sunny. We NEED rain, but there've been darn few days that they haven't been able to play at least 9 holes of golf!

I'm not going to complain about the cold - we're warm and cozy!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT-the weather by Harborwitch (Mostly cold and dry ...)
Another day of 78+ temps here, no rain or moisture in site. I have heard that the longer it's warm and dry like this, the worst the snows will be when they show up because more water has been evaporating and is in the atmosphere.

I'm nervous...
  Re: Re: OT-the weather by DFen911 (Another day of 78+ t...)
We're see-sawing between 60's and upper 40's this week. But winter ain't over yet. Enjoy it while you can friends. I'm thinking Father Winter is just napping and will wake up with a vengeance. What I hate more than a cold Winter is a cold Spring.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT-the weather by Gourmet_Mom (We're see-sawing bet...)
We were predicted to have this horrendous winter - hence no travel plans for holidays But, so far nothing. It is getting colder and the snow level is getting lower on the Olympics, so who knows????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT-the weather by cjs (We were predicted to...)
Pretty much the same as Denise's weather. It's been a very warm and sunny winter.
  Re: Re: OT-the weather by Trixxee (Pretty much the same...)
Crazy weather here. 60 one day, 20 the next. We had our first snowfall yesterday (that actually stayed on the ground. Today we are out without coats on.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.