What's for Wednesday's Dinner, 12/28??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight??

We're going to have chicken tacos, been a long time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Wednesday's Dinner, 12/28?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I'm not fooling around anymore - I've got 3 months until vacation and I'm heavier than I have ever been in my life (except when I was pregnant and I'm only about 8 pounds off that mark. Did something bad happen to anyone else when they approached the 50 year old mark? As soon as it warms up a little bit Michael and I will go on a walk. It's a start.

Tonight I'll make a romaine salad with grilled sliced lemony garlicky chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, kalamata olives, feta cheese. I'll make a simple red wine vinegar/evoo/dijon dressing.
Tonight it's Latin spiced steak with Escabeche and yellow mole, with a side of Sweet potato Mofongo & steamed asparagus. I've never made this before, but it looks delicious.
  Re: Re: What's for Wednesday's Dinner, 12/28?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's Latin s...)
Sounds good, too, Blane!!

Trixxee, I feel your pain - I blame it on writing cookbooks and I'm sticking to that!!!!! Good luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Wednesday's Dinner, 12/28?? by cjs (Sounds good, too, Bl...)
It happens to a lot of us, Trixxee. I blame it on the fact that we enjoy cooking and entertaining, and it's pretty much an ongoing feast! Makes it hard to stick to any kind of diet for very long.

Dinner tonight will be teriyaki chicken wings and a romaine salad with lots of veggies. (my old standby chopped salad)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Wednesday's Dinner, 12/28?? by Mare749 (It happens to a lot ...)
Gonna play with the Schlemmertopf some more and tonight do a sausage dish.

This a fun cooking vessel
[Image: 20100405163711_297630416_9_0.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's for Wednesday's Dinner, 12/28?? by DFen911 (Gonna play with the ...)
Denise, I bought one of those at a thrift store, but haven't used it yet. Yesterday I made a stock from the ham bone, and smoked turkey bones. To some of it, I added a quartered small cabbage and halved potatoes. It was so good, we bought more cabbage today, so will have that with ciabatta. With the rest, I'll make lima bean soup.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Wednesday's Dinner, 12/28?? by DFen911 (Gonna play with the ...)
I think tonight is beef and cheese enchiladas, a hot hominy, red onion, and jalapeno saute and ????

Blaine I've been so tempted to make Mofongo so many times, and now I haven't seen plantains in the stores here.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
We did a porchetta using the pork belly Jean & Roy left us. We could only cover the top of the pork loin, but IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! Crisp skin--great taste!!! Even the kids loved it. From a BA recipe called "Dish of the year!!" A keeper!! Thanks J & R!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Wednesday's Dinner, 12/28?? by Old Bay (We did a porchetta u...)
Quote:

We did a porchetta using the pork belly Jean & Roy left us. We could only cover the top of the pork loin, but IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! Crisp skin--great taste!!! Even the kids loved it. From a BA recipe called "Dish of the year!!" A keeper!! Thanks J & R!!!

I have a pork belly - that is so tempting . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!