What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/22??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight for everyone?

I'm roasting a chicken and having the vinegar potatoes - anxious to try them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/22?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight will be an experiment with a couple of the things my mom gave me to bring back from the States.

She gave me a few surprise items - things for which I hadn't asked, but that I do like, and two of them are things I cannot get here, at all. One is blueberry pancake syrup and the other is a bag of macadamia nuts. Although I have already had some of the syrup on some pancakes, I thought it would be a shame not to do something special with it. Likewise, I don't just want to munch on the macadamias as a simple snack.

Thus, as crazy as it may sound, tonight's experiment is going to be a blueberry-macadamia glaze for some chicken. So far, I haven't decided what else I'll put into it to make a savoury glaze, instead of a dessert (the one thing that keeps popping into my mind is thyme), but it obvious that I don't have a lot of either ingredient, so I'm only going to use it one a single chicken breast hallf, rather than risking wasting it all on one recipe.

Further updates later.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/22?? by labradors (Tonight will be an e...)
I'll have to give it some thought. I wish I could do the Molto Manicotti, but I seriously need to go out to pick up a few last minute Christmas gifts.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/22?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to give it...)
We're doing hamburgers and salad tonight. Need to keep it easy. Katie and Abby are coming over to help make the "teachers supply cake" for Holly and to wrap gifts.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/22?? by Mare749 (We're doing hamburge...)
My grandson, Henry, is coming to Grandma's house for the first time today!

I made the stock for Cioppino type fish chowder last night and just have to add the seafood to finish. After dinner, the kids are off to take Henry to their friends for the evening. Not going to complain about sharing!!!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/22?? by HomeCulinarian (My grandson, Henry, ...)
Have fun, Jeannette! You must be so excited and thrilled to have Henry there. It's a good thing you don't have to do a lot of cooking because it will be hard to put the little guy down.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/22?? by labradors (Tonight will be an e...)
Quote:

a bag of macadamia nuts.

I'm not much of a baker but some of the best cookies I ever made had dried cranberries, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts in them.

As far as dinner goes, we still have some chicken enchiladas. If this headache I have doesn't make a getaway I will probably just stick with those.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/22?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Trixxee, I know what you mean. White chocolate and macadamias do go together very well and make some of the best cookies. The dried cranberries also work well. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/22?? by labradors (Trixxee, I know what...)
Those potatoes are wonderful!! Roy is looking forward to having one tomorrow mornng with an egg on top.

I did change the method a little - I baked my potatoes and then smashed them. Lazy way, no extra dishes/pans to wash.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 12/22?? by cjs (Those potatoes are w...)
I wondered if that would work, Jean....next time.

Due to uncertainty of whether Andrew will come here or us go there kept me home. I sent William several dinner options and he picked two....meaning he wanted both. And an odd combination it is....Clam Chowder and French Dip Sandwiches. I do what he wants. All is prepped and ready to finish off.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.