What's for Dinner, Wed., (yes), 12/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for the real Wednesday dinner??

Not sure, I'm making a few batches of Christmas goodies for the kids, so I may have Cheerios!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., (yes), 12/14?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Have to make a Sam's run, then up to the winery. I think it will be pizza on a new garlic naan we ordered in.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., (yes), 12/14?? by Lorraine (Have to make a Sam's...)
We're having roast beef, mashed root veggies, gravy and maybe homemade bread....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., (yes), 12/14?? by Mare749 (We're having roast b...)
We have church. They're having Breakfast for Dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., (yes), 12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (We have church. The...)
Daphne, how come you're home???? Did you quit???????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., (yes), 12/14?? by cjs (Daphne, how come you...)
Trying to muddle through the last two nights of homework before the break so I just pulled some sauce and meatballs for spaghetti from the freezer. I've also got breadsticks and salad makings.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., (yes), 12/14?? by Trixxee (Trying to muddle thr...)
Chicken and sausage manicotti with a side of Asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., (yes), 12/14?? by losblanos1 (Chicken and sausage ...)
Chicken Chow Mein, with leftover chicken breasts I had to cook up earlier this week. Found the idea in a great cook book called I Have Leftovers...What do I do Now?

I did have a freezer issue with a garage freezer. I think the cold weather has it confused on keeping the correct temperature. I had a bag of chicken boneless skinless breasts that were still frozen - mostly but not all the way.

So, I made Apricot-Glaze Chicken . Which was great with the fennel and the vinegar and the apricot jam. Almost a sweet and sour slaw.

I also roasted some that I marinated with an Montreal Chicken spice mix with white wine vinegar. These I used some for Chicken and Fontina Panini's with pesto mayo.

Some I marinated in a soy/honey/lime juice mixture with ginger and garlic. A take off on a recipe Jean posted for Huli Huli chicken with honey lime glaze. Those are what I used tonight for the chow mein.

Some I put in the crock pot on Monday for Salsa Chicken and had corn tortilla soft taco's.

Good thing we like chicken. I have some of the last three versions left so will put in the freezer for future use. My mom is coming for two weeks on Sunday, and she is allergic to chicken. So I will be trying to get creative without my usual mainstay.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., (yes), 12/14?? by esgunn (Chicken Chow Mein, w...)
In my dreams, Jean. I was looking for something at work while putting your kielbasa recipe together and decided to post. I knew I may not have another opportunity to post.

BTW, you were right about the kielbasa. They were tasty, but I had no idea they would go. Heck, they eschewed the toothpicks and grabbed spoons and scooped them out in heaps. One coworker layed into them so much, I was embarrassed for her. She and her fork wrestled over the last few against two others with toothpicks....LOL! THANKS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., (yes), 12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (In my dreams, Jean. ...)
Great - glad everyone liked them, Daphne. You throw me off when you're here during school time.

Oh, Erin, what a perfect time to have the Leftover book, but that's too bad about the bag of chicken. And, thank you for mentioning it.
www.achefsjourney.com