DEC. 1ST! Thur., What's for Dinner??
  Re: (...)
Wow, already December.
What's on the menu for tonight?

I took a recipe down to Tracie's but we ran out of time to make it, so I'll have it tonight. Sage-Scented Fettuccine w/Butternut Sq. from Cookstr.com.

It calls for nutritional yeast (2 T.) and I've never used this - have any of you? I was able to find it here in town and the description I've found says it adds a cheesey flavor to foods. Will give it a try. And, I suppose some healthy benefits, also.

Will try to get those Choc Chip Cookie-Stuffed Pies made, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: DEC. 1ST! Thur., What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Wow, already Decembe...)
I've never used it , Jean. Have to meet the produce truck late this afternoon, so it will have to be something quick and easy. Just don't know what yet.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: DEC. 1ST! Thur., What's for Dinner?? by Lorraine (I've never used it ,...)
Making dinner for my dad tonight, so am baking bread now, then making eggplant parm and a salad. Little Tommy is coming over in a few minutes to stay with me, so doing as much prep ahead of time as possible.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: DEC. 1ST! Thur., What's for Dinner?? by Mare749 (Making dinner for my...)
Easy night- leftover chicken noodle soup and cornbread.
  Re: Re: DEC. 1ST! Thur., What's for Dinner?? by Trixxee (Easy night- leftover...)
This darn Sage-Scented Fettuccine with Butternut Squash was better than I thougt it would be. Enough of the leftovers for Roy Richard to have it for breakfast with an egg on top!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sage-Scented Fettuccine with Butternut Squash
4 servings
•2 tablespoons olive oil -- divided
•1 pound butternut squash -- peeled, seeded, quartered lengthwise, and cut into ¼-inch thick slices
•Sea salt
•1 cup vegetable stock
•1 yellow onion -- halved and cut into ¼-inch slices
•¼ cup white wine
•1 tablespoon maple syrup
•1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
•2 teaspoons rubbed sage
•4 ounces whole wheat fettuccine (or pasta of choice)
•2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
•Freshly ground black pepper
•Fresh sage leaves -- optional

1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the squash, sprinkle with salt, and cook for 5 minutes. Don’t worry if the squash starts to break apart. Add the vegetable stock and cook, still stirring gently until the liquid is almost evaporated, about 7 minutes.

2. Add the onion and season with a little more salt. Cook until the onion begins to soften, 3 minutes. Add the wine, and cook until moisture is almost evaporated and mixture is caramelized. Stir in the maple syrup, vinegar, and sage. Keep warm.

3. Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and return it to the hot pot. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper to taste; toss to combine. Add the vegetable mixture to the pasta and toss again to combine. Serve hot garnished with fresh sage leaves, if using.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cookstr.com NOTES : This light recipe places golden squash center stage and uses just enough pasta to hold the dish together. I recommend using whole wheat pasta, as its nuttiness contributes significantly to the distinctive flavor of this dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: DEC. 1ST! Thur., What's for Dinner?? by cjs (This darn Sage-Scent...)
Sounds good, Jean! I'm adding to the to try list. It has gotten a little slow lately.

I'm doing an old baked pasta dish. It's fast and easy. Plus it's easy to make early and hold for the hunters.....Jody's here again. He eats a LOT.....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: DEC. 1ST! Thur., What's for Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good, Jean! ...)
Tonight's menu is Chicken Kiev with a side of steamed asparagus.