I Am Addicted to Sweet Fire Love Beets - HELP!
  Re: (...)
These chili-infused beets are to DIE for!!

http://lovebeets.com/our_range/

Has anyone ever marinated beets with chili extract? And where the heck would that be available? OMG, I could eat a whole package in a night!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: I Am Addicted to Sweet Fire Love Beets - HELP! by BarbaraS (These chili-infused ...)
Oh my - those sound really good.

How hot were they. Chili extract is available commercially - but it's the brutally hot stuff that you only use a tip of a toothpick to measure (unless you're cooking for severe chili-heads). I have to think about this.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I Am Addicted to Sweet Fire Love Beets - HELP! by Harborwitch (Oh my - those sound ...)
Oh, I just have to look for those! Haven't seen them at Giant Eagle yet, but will inquire about them.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I Am Addicted to Sweet Fire Love Beets - HELP! by Mare749 (Oh, I just have to l...)
These do sound delicious - and from the description, they sure would be easy to duplicate. I've never seen chilli extract, but there are some pretty hot chili oils out there that would probably work. Or infuse your own olive oil.

-------
Sweetfire®:
infused in White Wine Vinegar, Natural Chilli Extract, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a pinch of Sugar and Salt, to give a sweet-sour flavor, with a bit of a chilli bite. Net weight: 6.5oz (184g) Sweetfire® is a natural marinade made using chillis, oil, a little sugar, and white wine vinegar to give the beets a delicious sweet and sour taste.The chilli used is the variety ‘Pungent’, selected for its high levels of capsaicin (the chemical that gives chillis their heat).

The snack tray -
Conveniently designed, with a fork included to make eating easy, the snack contains the following ingredients:

Sweetfire Baby Beets – harvested young for a sweeter taste, cooked until tender, then infused in our sweetfire marinade.

Mild White Cheddar Cheese Cubes – This pairs perfectly with the beets. A subtle acidic flavor that is off-set by the sweet, more-ish taste of the sweetfire beets.

Italian Crostini Crackers – Made from traditional italian bread dough. These crispy crackers bring all the elements of our snack together.
-----

And, the snack tray sounds fun also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Am Addicted to Sweet Fire Love Beets - HELP! by Harborwitch (Oh my - those sound ...)
Sharon,

They are not "hot" but extremely tasty with a sweet and spicy taste. I put one in every salad I make and have to resist just popping into my mouth instead of cutting it up for the salad. Oh yeah, they're that good.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: I Am Addicted to Sweet Fire Love Beets - HELP! by BarbaraS (Sharon,[br][br]They ...)
I am going to have to figure these out!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!